Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

joanelizbay 08-29-2017 04:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I decided to rip Jabas block apart and start over. Here is a picture of the pattern as it was suppose to come out...then the block redone...and also a bonus block for jaba..I think I have 2" of her fabric left! :) Hope this is better Jaba!

terriamn 08-29-2017 05:24 PM

Kass Jaba's block is already looking mighty good. Anxious to see what you are going to do it.

Janice McC 08-29-2017 05:25 PM

You've certainly piqued my curiosity!

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7896619)
I have a sneak peak of Jaba's block. This is part 1, I can show so much as a sneak peak b/c step 2 is going to change it in a significant way.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579764[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 08-29-2017 05:44 PM

Libster and sewbizgirl, you are not the only ones to have noticed and commented about the selvages and the small F8s. I'm at a loss as to what happened this round and why rules that have been in place for over three years were so widely ignored. But for those of you dealing with shortages, please continue to make the best of the situation. I, in the meantime, will try to figure out where we go from here. I'm deeply appreciative of all of you and the beautiful blocks you've made and expect to see more despite the problems. :)

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7896582)
Okay, I have to admit I also had one that I had to seam more onto to have large enough pieces. Taking those selvages off often leaves the block maker a tad short. That's when you just have to improvise and do the best you can. Most of the time, unless it's pointed out, you'll never even notice it.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7896506)
I think about half of us forgot to cut off our selvedges too! I got selvedges on at least half my pieces. Not white selvedges, but selvedges nonetheless. Just remember... if you send flawed fabric or selvedges, don't be surprised to see them in your blocks. :D I often work too fast to see things like this until it's too late!

... A reminder for the next Boom.

sewbizgirl 08-29-2017 07:03 PM

Wow, three very cool blocks with Jaba's ocean fab! Joan, did you take apart your other one? The two new ones are great... love the bonus.

And Kass... we are all anxious to see what you are going to do to that beautiful sailboat caught in a storm at sea!

Kassaundra 08-29-2017 07:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got part 2 finished, I hope you like it as much as I do Jaba (or more importantly your hubby) I tried to think of a way to do a ship that was "adult"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579772[/ATTACH]
I promise it is straight, just in a hurry to take the picture.

JayneW 08-29-2017 07:47 PM

Kass, the ship in a bottle is fantastic! Wow, you are a creative genius!

Libster 08-30-2017 01:48 AM

Kass, I humbly bow. You've done it again! Love this one.

Janice McC 08-30-2017 03:09 AM

Oh, my gosh, GREAT IDEA! Love it, Kassaundra. :) This one made my morning.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7896729)
I got part 2 finished, I hope you like it as much as I do Jaba (or more importantly your hubby) I tried to think of a way to do a ship that was "adult"
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579772[/ATTACH]
I promise it is straight, just in a hurry to take the picture.

Cheesehead 08-30-2017 03:24 AM

Wow Kass, that block is just amazing!!!

Jan