Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

terriamn 09-01-2017 01:22 PM

Kass the owls are so darn cute, especially their eyes. Thanks so much they are super special

terriamn 09-01-2017 01:26 PM

Jan it wasn't quite that cool here, about 51 and our maple tree's are turning color also. Isn't that awfully early?

Karen great holly block

sewbizgirl 09-01-2017 02:40 PM

Those owls are too cute, Kass! Love the fussy cutting and the eyes are great.

Klaws, love that holly block.

quilt addict 09-01-2017 03:39 PM

SEWBIZGIRL - You have probably made a decision on how to set your local BOOM blocks but just a thought since you are short on focus fabric is making an alternate block and set them on point. I haven't done the calculations but it would be bigger and you could do you QAYG on those also. I have a book called Setting Solutions that helps me in these situations. But I think it is out of print. I know whatever you decide it will be beautiful.

sewbizgirl 09-01-2017 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by quilt addict (Post 7898521)
SEWBIZGIRL - You have probably made a decision on how to set your local BOOM blocks but just a thought since you are short on focus fabric is making an alternate block and set them on point. I haven't done the calculations but it would be bigger and you could do you QAYG on those also. I have a book called Setting Solutions that helps me in these situations. But I think it is out of print. I know whatever you decide it will be beautiful.

Thanks Lisa! That is one of the options I'm considering. I also thought about doing a big center medallion surrounded by my squares.

I just did a 4 Patch Posy S&W quilt top that I enlarged that way:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579910[/ATTACH]

It had only 16 S&W blocks too... so I cut 4 plain blocks of the fabric I whacked, and placed them in the 4 corners. Then I made 12 alternate blocks. It was serendipity how it all worked out! I used up the last of the aqua batik, the focus fabric, and the green background fabric. Serendipity, to be sure!

quilt addict 09-01-2017 05:37 PM

SEW, that is a great solution and came all together perfectly. I am sure you will do the same with the next one.

Kassaundra 09-01-2017 06:01 PM

I love that quilt and setting, it is awesome!

sewbizgirl 09-01-2017 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7898618)
I love that quilt and setting, it is awesome!

Saw it on Pinterest, HA! I love how the alternate blocks make chains through the middle. I'm sure I'll use it again and again.

terriamn 09-01-2017 06:41 PM

Live it Sewbiz

marija 09-01-2017 08:51 PM

Kass, your ship in the bottle is amazing! I thought I made a mistake on the cherry block and needed more fabric, but I sewed it wrong and finally got it right. I made a simple block for Marcialee and had to rip it out three times. All the blocks made so far have been outstanding!!!!!!