Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

sewbizgirl 09-30-2017 08:38 PM

The canyon is really cool. My Dad used to live there and brought all visitors to Red Rock.... Did you see many wild donkeys or wild horses while you were there?

marija 09-30-2017 10:18 PM

Guess I'll recheck my blocks before mailing after reading some of the problems with size etc. Do bonus blocks need to be 12 1/2" or can they be any size?

mjpEncinitas 10-01-2017 06:53 AM

Bonus blocks are usually the 12 1/2 size so they can be used with the others.

mjpEncinitas 10-01-2017 06:54 AM

Beautiful pictures Terriamn. My DH will love them.

terriamn 10-01-2017 08:47 AM

We didn't see any of the wild donkeys or horses. We plan on going back a second time during the week and hope to see them then.

after that son took us to a fantastic little Thai places in the community call The Lakes. When we went back to our Air B&B looked up Quilt Shops and there was one in the Lakes Community. Dang

Kassaundra 10-01-2017 08:59 AM

When you agree to do the boom you are agreeing to make a 12.5 block for each person in the swap. Once that has been fulfilled anything extra is just that extra (imo) there are no further "requirements" however keep in mind if your bonus block doesn't fit into the size / colors / etc. of the boom blocks it might not be used in the boom quilt she makes.

Originally Posted by marija (Post 7917253)
Guess I'll recheck my blocks before mailing after reading some of the problems with size etc. Do bonus blocks need to be 12 1/2" or can they be any size?

Janice McC 10-01-2017 11:13 AM

I've been out of town and just coming in on this convo right now. Marija, and everyone else, I want to make sure everyone understands that bonus blocks are just that, bonuses. They are NOT part of your commitment to the swap. They are extras, gifts from the maker to the owner of the fabric, over and above the blocks you are each required to make. Im going to leave it at that until I have an opportunity to go back through the last couple of days' posts to see what is what is what. I've just walked in the door. Hold this thought: Bonuses = Gifts.

Originally Posted by marija (Post 7917253)

Janice McC 10-01-2017 01:17 PM

Terriamn, love the desert. Your pix are beautiful :)

Lovely new blocks, MonaG.

Bonus blocks. As bonus blocks are a gift, it seems unreasonable to say you "should" make them any certain size if you wish to make some. However, Kassaundra is right that if your goal is to see them used in a quilt, presumably the one you've made your required block for, 12 1/2 inches would likely be the most appreciated size. But again, these are not a required part of any Boom swap.

And we ARE stressing that Boom blocks be 12 1/2 inches square so measuring as you go to ensure their size really is important. Everyone should double check them before packaging and adjust as necessary. Thanks!

Kassaundra 10-01-2017 04:00 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I know you guys are wanting to see more baby pics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581597[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581599[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581601[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581602[/ATTACH]

JayneW 10-01-2017 05:06 PM

The rooster picture is awesome! Have you ever made a quilt with just chicken blocks??