Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

terriamn 10-07-2017 02:38 PM

Sewbiz your friendship quilt is so fun and I agree cool label

travelinggramma 10-07-2017 04:24 PM

Sewbiz- tell those local gals they are welcome in our group anytime. They took an awesome pattern and used some perfect fabric that all works terrific together. And I also love the bird fabric. Great job

sewbizgirl 10-07-2017 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma (Post 7921229)
Sewbiz- tell those local gals they are welcome in our group anytime. They took an awesome pattern and used some perfect fabric that all works terrific together. And I also love the bird fabric. Great job

Thanks... I've been trying to recruit them to the Board and the Boom group, all year! I can't even get them to tune in to the QB to check it out! These are all older ladies and very set in their ways. One keeps asking me where she can get Civil War fabrics, but she refuses to shop online! Well, that's the only place I know that for sure has it! :D And lots of it, too.

Libster 10-08-2017 05:21 PM

To all of our Southern Ladies- Please check in and let us know how you fared through Nate. It came through NC today. We've had tornados to the west of me and flash flooding in the mountains. My area is okay, just some heavy rain and some wind. The tornado stayed on the ground for a long ways. News reports many houses collapsed with people trapped within.
Sewbiz, how'd your area fare?

sewbizgirl 10-08-2017 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7921768)
To all of our Southern Ladies- Please check in and let us know how you fared through Nate. It came through NC today. We've had tornados to the west of me and flash flooding in the mountains. My area is okay, just some heavy rain and some wind. The tornado stayed on the ground for a long ways. News reports many houses collapsed with people trapped within.
Sewbiz, how'd your area fare?

Glad you are ok! The storm came ashore on the gulf coast below us, but then veered to the east. So our area only got the peripheral rain. Not even much wind, but a whole day of lovely light, soaking rain. The best kind of rain and we really needed it. To the south of us on the coast, there were bad storm surges. We usually hear about tornadoes breaking out with these storms, but I didn't hear of any near us this time. Very thankful.

Wonder how it was for Janice...

bibliostone 10-08-2017 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My last block is for Joanelizbay. It is called Solitaire. Will be mailing later this week.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581980[/ATTACH]

terriamn 10-09-2017 03:39 AM

Oh I love the movement on this block Biblistone

Janice McC 10-09-2017 04:13 AM

Good morning, Boomers! I'm back from my weekend. Today I'll be working on your pix and will begin sorting all the blocks I've rec'd to date. I'll post a list of everyone I've rec'd from so you all know where we stand.

For those who haven't shipped yet, please keep your eye on good construction details and size. The goal is 12 1/2 inches square with 1/4 inch seams and a stitch length short enough to hold the block together. Please shoot for about 12 stitches per inch. Thanks!

sewbizgirl 10-09-2017 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7920684)
Pretty friendship quilt Sewbizgirl, love the bird fabric on the back of the quilt.

Jan

When I was 7 my parents bought me a blue parakeet for my birthday. I named him Twinkle. We had Twinkie for about 10 years or more! The back of this quilt is an homage to my little friend Twink. It's a Riley Blake fabric.

terriamn 10-09-2017 06:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When we were in a quilt shop in Vegas they had a huge room full of fabric on sale. I told hubby to pick out something he would enjoy seeing in the house. Was totally blown away by his choice and it will be fun to see what everyone does with it for our next boom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]581992[/ATTACH]