Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

joanelizbay 10-09-2017 06:40 AM

I love that block Biblstone! It does seem to "move"...Cant wait to get the blocks back and see how they interact! I'm going to have a brand new great granddaughter in November but don't think an "animal based" quilt would be good for her. :)

Mona G 10-09-2017 06:41 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I have finished all my blocks... here are three of them I can't get the last one to load right now.
Marija
Molly
nanakathy

Mona G 10-09-2017 06:42 AM

jaba I will post yours as soon as I can get it to load.

I might have some time to do a couple of bonus blocks today before I ship tomorrow.

Cheesehead 10-09-2017 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7921768)
To all of our Southern Ladies- Please check in and let us know how you fared through Nate. It came through NC today. We've had tornados to the west of me and flash flooding in the mountains. My area is okay, just some heavy rain and some wind. The tornado stayed on the ground for a long ways. News reports many houses collapsed with people trapped within.
Sewbiz, how'd your area fare?

No major problems here. We probably could have got by without putting up the hurricane shutters. The yard was a big mess but we cleaned that up yesterday and have a huge pile of leaves and branches for the county to pick up. Our neighbor lost several sections of his pier. Now I need to get back to my normal work of getting the house cleaned after being gone for 4 months.

Jan

Mona G 10-09-2017 09:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
jaba here is your block - I tried to make it look like one of my photos from Cannon Beach.

Libster 10-09-2017 11:52 AM

Great block, Mona.
Jaba, your DH is gonna' love his quilt too!

joanelizbay 10-09-2017 02:15 PM

Mona, thats really neat the way her fabric looks like real waves!! Has anyone heard if Jaba made it to Florida???

hav4boys 10-09-2017 03:12 PM

I am so excited... heading home from work in 48 minutes and I have some blocks to make. Patterns printed and material cut... just waiting for me to sew. :-)

hav4boys 10-09-2017 03:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
SO just wanted to share... I stayed with my sister this weekend. Their first grand baby is due in February. I made baby Leo some hooded bath towels but the highlight was the train shirt I made for my brother-in-law. I also made his grand [ATTACH=CONFIG]582013[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582014[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582015[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582016[/ATTACH]baby a onsie. I appliques a cut out of one of the trains from his shirt material.

jaba 10-09-2017 03:39 PM

Joan, we made it just fine. Dealing with a lot of cleanup and replacement of things that were ruined, like the air conditioner and heat unit, then having the company cut wires that knocked out the hot water tank and now waiting for that to be fixed too. Haven't had hot water since Saturday. I'm in one of those moods that say "keep your mouth shut ".