Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Janice McC 10-13-2017 07:36 AM

Been going through the pix and have discovered some weren't posted on the thread, or more likely, I missed them when they were posted. As I locate them, I'll add them in. If anyone wants a pic posted that I missed, just email it to me, preferably already 200kb or smaller. Thanks!

Kassaundra 10-13-2017 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What I'm working on today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]582180[/ATTACH]

terriamn 10-13-2017 08:08 AM

Kass did you teach yourself how to do this or did you follow a book. I have tried this but just made a mess. Yours is great, love the colors and print

Kassaundra 10-13-2017 08:16 AM

There are books about stack and wack, also one block wonders, this is technically both. I have not had any of those books. I have done many stack and wacks (I thought I invented it until someone commented on a book lol) This is my first ever OBW kind of layout.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7924261)
Kass did you teach yourself how to do this or did you follow a book. I have tried this but just made a mess. Yours is great, love the colors and print

Kassaundra 10-13-2017 08:19 AM

I'm trying to decide whether to keep the moon in the center, or put it in the upper corner. If I keep it in the center I will fill in the diamonds w/ background fabric to blend in. If I put it in an upper corner I will use the radiating diamond shapes w/ a lighter slightly brighter fabric to make moon "rays"

sewbizgirl 10-13-2017 10:50 AM

That's gorgeous Kass!

Terri, you can google Bethany Reynolds and watch some of her stack and whack videos online. You really don't need a book to do it.

Kassaundra 10-13-2017 12:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This may be the final layout, letting it marinade for a minute. See anything out of place? (I had only 3 hexies extra)[ATTACH=CONFIG]582185[/ATTACH]

jaba 10-13-2017 01:32 PM

We are on the west coast but inland from Tampa about 25 miles. The eye came right over Lakeland and Mulberry. My self control was certainly not at it's best and everyone that came to this house knew it without a doubt. I should feel bad but I really don't, I'm more frustrated than anything else. It better come to an end real quick.....Just one thing after another, now the golf cart, won't take a charge. They said we needed new batteries, okay $800.00 later. They brought it back yesterday, all fixed they said, 24 hours later and today it's dead, won't take a charge and it's blowing out the bulbs in the headlights. Monday they will come and get it again......Not a good start to the winter for sure
One absolutely fabulous bit of news, we're going to have a new grandson in Florida! Just found out it is a boy today, first ever for my side of our combined families, other son, girls, and his daughters have girls. Due the end of March

Cheesehead 10-13-2017 01:51 PM

Congratulations Jaba for the new grandson on the way! That great news makes up for all of the troubles you have been having since returning to Florida. Hope all of the setbacks get settled and you can enjoy your new home without any more problems.

Jan

terriamn 10-13-2017 02:54 PM

Congratulations Jaba, a very sunny announcement in your gray time