Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

sewbizgirl 10-13-2017 04:42 PM

Love that layout, Kass! That's going to be a stunner. How big are your S&W hexies?

Jaba, congrats on the new grandson on the way. Maybe you should live in FL year round? ;)

Kassaundra 10-13-2017 04:50 PM

Awesome news on the Gma front Jaba.

Sewbiz the 60' triangles were cut from 3 inch strips

sewbizgirl 10-13-2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7924539)

Sewbiz the 60' triangles were cut from 3 inch strips

Ok, so your hexies are about 5.5"... I thought they looked small! And so many of them! I just set aside two fabrics to do S&W with. I'm just doing squares (4 patches) because they are easy and I don't have enough fabric for 6 repeats.

Kassaundra 10-13-2017 06:53 PM

There were 160 hexies I used all but 3, and added the extra triangles for the teal moon and yellow moon rays. Exactly 4 yards of the hexie fabric.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7924562)
Ok, so your hexies are about 5.5"... I thought they looked small! And so many of them! I just set aside two fabrics to do S&W with. I'm just doing squares (4 patches) because they are easy and I don't have enough fabric for 6 repeats.

Cheesehead 10-14-2017 04:35 AM

Kass, awesome quilt you have going on there! Many years ago I took a stack and whack class at Martelli's in Pensacola, we made the 4 patch S&W. I have completely forgot how to do that method and even bought the Bethany Reynolds book. I'm so afraid to cut the fabric and have it ending up in a mess. Seeing yours I may just have to get that book back out and give it a whirl.

Jan

Kassaundra 10-14-2017 04:49 AM

I have done many SAW and never been disappointed in how the fabric turns out. It is always so exciting to see the next triangle (or square) set and how it turned out.

Originally Posted by Cheesehead (Post 7924735)
Kass, awesome quilt you have going on there! Many years ago I took a stack and whack class at Martelli's in Pensacola, we made the 4 patch S&W. I have completely forgot how to do that method and even bought the Bethany Reynolds book. I'm so afraid to cut the fabric and have it ending up in a mess. Seeing yours I may just have to get that book back out and give it a whirl.

Jan

Cheesehead 10-14-2017 06:19 AM

I always love how they turn out too. My fear is in the layering and cutting, I am not confident enough in myself.

Jan

mjpEncinitas 10-14-2017 07:37 AM

Beautiful quilt Kass. I love that it's off center. Makes me want to try s&w.

bibliostone 10-14-2017 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love your quilt Kass. I just some fabric last week that I think will work for OBW. Now, to just find the time.

Jaba, great news on the grandbaby! Sorry your return to FL has been so frustrating. We will be in FL from Jan 7 through mid-March if anyone is organizing another meet and greet.

Mailed my blocks today. Our post office shares a parking lot with Harbor Freight, which was having a tent sale today, so of course I had to go take a look. Went inside and got some rotary blades even though I know sometimes they are sharp and sometimes dull. For $1.99 for 2 blades, I'll take a gamble. Guess they have heard quilters are buying the blades. Look at the wording on the package. Ideal for cutting carpet or quilts. lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]582249[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 10-14-2017 12:27 PM

Bilbliostone has shipped. :)

Annt59
Bibliostone - shipped
Cheesehead
Hav4Boys
Jaba
JayneW
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra
Klaws