Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Kassaundra 10-15-2017 01:11 PM

I have a 60 degree triangle ruler, but any small ruler w/ a 60 degree line marked on it will work. If you are on FB there is a great active group on there that has many many inspiring quilts and lots of great info. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1435295876732150/ it is a closed group I believe, so you probably can't see much unless you join.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7925482)
Great blocks Jayne.

Jaba im living vicariously through you on the grandchild front. Enjoy.

kass your quilt inspired me to watch a stack and whack video. Do you need a special ruler for this?

I have been working on the first of three Day of the Dead quilts. I have had so much fun embroidering and FMQ in the blocks. Will post pictures soon. I did suns in I think Sewbizgirl's. A tiny medallion in another block and lots of flowers.

Mona G 10-15-2017 01:32 PM

Jayne thanks for the awesome block.

JayneW 10-15-2017 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 7925507)
Jayne thanks for the awesome block.

You are welcome Mona! I was very pleased how it came out, I think this could be a fun block to use for a whole quilt.

Janice McC 10-15-2017 05:30 PM

Wonderful blocks, Jayne :) I must have missed your block for Libster. Please repost it if it's convenient. Thanks!

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 7925466)
I just finished up my last block! I am so excited to see some of the completed quilts. I will mail tomorrow! Here are the blocks for Joanelizbay, Marija, Marlenab, MonaG and Sewbizgirl.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]582286[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582287[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582288[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]582290[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 10-15-2017 07:08 PM

Thank you for my block Jayne! That's got to be my last one? :D I've never seen that block before... it's really cool. All of your blocks are great. Really love the black and white with the pop of yellow.

Libster, congrats on meeting your goal of finishing your summer quilt before you get the Autumn ones back! Can't wait to see your pics of it.... and also mjp's pictures.

MJP, I've made a bunch of S&W quilts and never used a special ruler. For hexagons I cut 60 degree triangles with a 60 degree triangle ruler, but I never considered it special. I use it for a lot of things. For my 4-patch S&Ws, I just use a square, or cut wide strips the WOF, and then cross cut that into squares.

Today we had our quilt display at church. A bunch of our charity quilts were hung in the foyer and hallways of the church for members to see just what it is we do! These will go to the hospitals and shelters we support. Our leader, nearly 90 years old, has kept track of every quilt donated. Since the beginning of the group about 8 years ago, our little group of about 15 active members has donated...... (drumroll please.......) 2200 quilts! Can you believe it? I only joined less than 3 years ago so can't take credit for all that many myself, but what an impressive number: 2200 people touched by receiving a quilt just for them! It's amazing what we quilters can do.

klaws 10-15-2017 07:27 PM

Wow, Sewbiz, that's fantastic! Congratulations to you and your group! Quilters are the best and most generous people!

Libster 10-15-2017 11:18 PM

Sewbiz, it's a good thing that you and your group are doing. Hats off to all of you for filling a need.

Kassaundra 10-16-2017 04:08 AM

Sewbiz, that is an awesome accomplishment for you and your group

annt59 10-16-2017 06:01 AM

That is a wonderful thing that you do.

terriamn 10-16-2017 06:36 AM

Great blocks Jayne, the black and white one is a real eye opener.

Sewbiz you are part of a prolific group of ladies at your church. That is a huge amount of quilts.

My Mom is in the hospital, we have an entire list of what is not wrong with her but nothing positive as to what is causing her symptoms. Most likely she has moved into another stage of dementia. Have several appointments with care facilities by me but Mom told sister unless she wanted to give up on her she would rather stay in same town with my sister. Going to check out the facilities here so I can at least give her feedback on different options.

Sure does make make you count your blessings