Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

hav4boys 10-16-2017 12:53 PM

I should have mine finished up tonight and on the way. Pictures to come.

marija 10-16-2017 04:12 PM

My blocks are all very pretty!! Happy to hear all the ladies in the south are recovering. Best wishes to all the new grandmoms. We have been very busy trying to clear stuff out of the way for the floor guys. New hardwood in our living area, and carpeting in the bedrooms which include sewing room. DH is lucky, heading to Arizona Elk hunting.
Dog & I will be hanging out together. All the new blocks posted for boomers are beautiful!

sewbizgirl 10-16-2017 04:35 PM

Terri, I'm so sorry about your mom. Hope and pray they find out what's ailing her soon.

What a long day it's been for me... I just don't normally do so many things in one day! One of the things I did today was go see the back surgeon. Or... his FNP, who knew a LOT. I've had bad sciatica or lower back pain for about 2-3 years. I'm not looking for back surgery and it's nowhere near time for anything as radical as that, but I did want to know some options. Since the spinal injections didn't work for me, they sent me on to the surgical dept. One thing he wanted to see was if my vertebrae were slipping around when I bend forward or backward. They did xrays and it didn't look like anything moved out of line to me... (reading the screen over the tech's shoulder!) But I'll wait til the FNP calls me and tells me that for sure. I'm sure I'm going to end up in physical therapy, and that may be my solution. My two lowest discs are so deteriorated they look like hairs on the film, rather than discs. Anyway, it's good to get that done and know I don't need back surgery!

Our weather has turned so nice and cool...finally catching up to all the rest of you! I hope it stays cool now. I'm ready...

So soon we will all have our blocks in hand! I'm so excited. And this Saturday is the "Big Reveal" of friendship quilts (booms) in my local group. Everyone is supposed to be bringing a finished quilt. I'm excited about that too, and will take some pics for you all! We love samplers!

mollymunchkin 10-16-2017 05:34 PM

Janice, DH mailed my blocks today. As soon as he gets home, I’ll email the tracking number.

JayneW 10-16-2017 06:06 PM

Sewbiz, sorry to hear about your back, but sounds like your dr visit today was promising. Terriamn, sorry to hear about your mother, I hope you are able to find the perfect place for her.

On the other side of things, congrats on the grandbabies! I'm so ready to be a grandma, unfortunately my son's are nowhere close to being ready!

Kassaundra 10-16-2017 06:25 PM

Great aunt is as close as I will get, and that's okay

Janice McC 10-17-2017 02:50 AM

Three more are in transit. Hav4boys posted she's about done. I only need to hear from Marlenab. Blocks are due in my hands this coming Friday, the 20th. :)

Annt59
Bibliostone
Cheesehead
Hav4Boys
Jaba
JayneW - in transit
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra - in transit
Klaws
Libster
LJDugas
Marcialee
Marija
Marleneab
MJPEncinitas
Mollymunchkin - in transit
MonaG
NanaKathy55
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

terriamn 10-17-2017 03:21 AM

Mom doesn’t need Memory care yet but she will need more medical help and is next on the list for the nursing home across the street from her assisted living. Blood pressure is under control again and she will leave hospital today. She is adamant on staying up north and not moving back here to the cities. I would love to have her closer by but respect her choice.

Yesterday was incredibly beautiful here, gentle breeze and 70 degrees.

Janice McC 10-17-2017 10:11 AM

I heard from Marlenab and she's almost ready to ship. Looks like we'll be in good shape with all blocks here on Friday. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7926233)
Three more are in transit. Hav4boys posted she's about done. I only need to hear from Marlenab. Blocks are due in my hands this coming Friday, the 20th. :)

Annt59
Bibliostone
Cheesehead
Hav4Boys
Jaba
JayneW - in transit
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra - in transit
Klaws
Libster
LJDugas
Marcialee