Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Libster 10-19-2017 06:39 AM

LOL I love it when I realize that I'm not the only one addicted to our Boom swaps! That bug bites and holds on, doesn't it?

JayneW 10-19-2017 06:58 AM

Count me in as those who are addicted! I would love to start before the holidays, but fully understand delaying until afterwards! I have learned so much about color and design by watching what all of you come up with! What a treasure this group is.

Libster 10-19-2017 09:39 AM

Well, Ladies, I'm about to run away for a long weekend at the beach fishing. No rain in sight until next Monday. Yea for me! I'll check back in on Monday.
Joan, yea for your grandson! I know how proud of him you must be, and deservedly so!
Hav4Boys, love all of your blocks. Well done!

hav4boys 10-19-2017 10:24 AM

JayneW, please do not look at my blocks for any standard of color. I look at the fabric and use what moves me. I am sure I violate the norm all the time.

hav4boys 10-19-2017 10:37 AM

Looks like I will be delivered tomorrow. Still made the deadline. Whew!

Expected Delivery by: Friday, October 20, 2017 by 8:00pm
[h=2]Product & Tracking Information[/h]See Available Actions[TABLE="class: product_info, width: 756"]
<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR]
[TD="class: postalproduct"]Postal Product:Priority MailŪ[/TD]
[TD="class: postalfeatures"]Features:Insured
[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: tracking_history, width: 945"]
<thead style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR]
[TH="align: center"]DATE & TIME[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]STATUS OF ITEM[/TH]
[TH="align: center"]LOCATION[/TH]
[/TR]
</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR="class: row_top"]
[TD]October 19, 2017, 9:23 am[/TD]
[TD]In Transit to Destination[/TD]
[TD]ON ITS WAY TO LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30043 [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

sewbizgirl 10-19-2017 10:39 AM

So excited about getting blocks back! As for my $.02 on the next swap, I really won't be able to start the work until after the new year, but that doesn't mean we cant cut and send in our fabrics and get them back before then. There is always gobs of time to get those blocks made. Two months, or three... that's gobs. Let's get the next party started! :D I have my fabrics picked out.

D.Henson 10-19-2017 11:16 AM

I have a question about these booms and how they work. I've read the first page with instructions. Would I be sending in 16 F8 (are these fat quarters?) and different people would be making blocks using this material, then I would be getting 16 blocks back? So, when I get a F8 from someone else, I would make a block out of that material and send that back. I'm assuming I would add material from my stash to complete the blocks using the received F8 as the focus fabric. Am I on the right track??? :D

hav4boys 10-19-2017 11:57 AM

D. Henson you are correct... but it is 19 Fat 8s. They are not fat quarters. The F8 measures 18X21. Hope that helps.

sewbizgirl 10-19-2017 02:27 PM

Hi DHenson, We also each give fabric requests with our F8... so our blocks will hopefully stay in line with our vision for our quilts. For instance, you might say, "no black", or "use WOW (white on white) and the same colors as in the fabric", or anything else you might prefer. They are not hard and fast, but we do try to honor each other's requests. It's so much fun. Hope you will consider joining us. The only three rules are: to make the blocks 12.5" square exactly, to use a small stitch length between 10 and 12 sts per inch, and to use a seam no smaller than scant 1/4" and no bigger than 1/4". That's it.

sewbizgirl 10-19-2017 02:28 PM

Oh, and you prewash and press fabric, and cut off selvedges before sending fabric F8s.