Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

joanelizbay 10-23-2017 07:19 AM

I thought I was getting a great deal on a bolt of "cotton" fabric...indeed the selvege does say 100% cotton but the fabric is really slick, almost like silk. Ill never use it. Hoping I can find someone that might be able to because its a pretty purple with yellow, beigh flowers on it. I have several "extra" blocks that I'm thinking I should make into lap quilts or something ..hate throwing any kind of fabric away :)

Janice McC 10-23-2017 12:07 PM

Ok, I'm back. The two remaining packages should be delivered tomorrow if the carrier gets the direction to begin delivery again. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Fingers crossed! Now to catch up on the last few pix and your posts. :). We're close now!

Edited to add: I had to stop all mail delivery for three days minimum hence no delivery until at least tomorrow.

hav4boys 10-23-2017 01:15 PM

Ah, I see now. I got a text saying a notice was left on Saturday. Glad to know the package is in the area.

Janice McC 10-23-2017 01:58 PM

Yep, the last 2 packages have seen some weird delays and travels...

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 7930341)
Ah, I see now. I got a text saying a notice was left on Saturday. Glad to know the package is in the area.

Janice McC 10-23-2017 02:00 PM

Sewbizgirl, your group's "Boom" quilts are wonderful! Please tell the quilters we love them :)

GramE 10-24-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7930140)
I thought I was getting a great deal on a bolt of "cotton" fabric...indeed the selvege does say 100% cotton but the fabric is really slick, almost like silk. Ill never use it. Hoping I can find someone that might be able to because its a pretty purple with yellow, beigh flowers on it. I have several "extra" blocks that I'm thinking I should make into lap quilts or something ..hate throwing any kind of fabric away :)

I know what you are talking about. I have fabric, 100% cotton, but I wonder cotton what? Slick like nylon. Maybe it would make some cool pillow cases. I like touching my fabric, maybe that is why!

Kassaundra 10-24-2017 12:48 PM

I got out my Underground Railroad blocks to see where I was as far as what I need to do to start assembling. I have known the layout I was going to do for some time, and it looks like I have to make several more blocks to be able to start on assembly. I probably am going to have to do some more sashing, and almost all the cornerstones.

Janice McC 10-24-2017 01:30 PM

Well, what do you know? The last two sets of blocks turned up this afternoon. Woo hoo! They're all here! Tomorrow afternoon I'll start sorting them and getting the packages sealed. Most likely blocks will go out on Friday but if it goes very well, Thursday is a possibility. We shall see. I'll let you all know. :) :) :)

klaws 10-24-2017 05:50 PM

That's good to know, Janice. I'm excited!

sewbizgirl 10-24-2017 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7931029)
Well, what do you know? The last two sets of blocks turned up this afternoon. Woo hoo! They're all here! Tomorrow afternoon I'll start sorting them and getting the packages sealed. Most likely blocks will go out on Friday but if it goes very well, Thursday is a possibility. We shall see. I'll let you all know. :) :) :)

THANK YOU, Janice! Really liking your new avatar, too.