Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Armylady2012 10-28-2017 01:47 PM

Kassaundra love the 3D block you made I have been wanting to try to make one for a while now just need to find me a pattern.

klaws 10-28-2017 02:11 PM

I got my blocks today! I had to sit down and open all the baggies at once! I love them all! They are so much nicer in person. Since this was my first boom, I am thrilled. Thank you everyone!

Kassaundra 10-28-2017 02:42 PM

I did it the easy way, 30 degree triangles sewn into half hexies, assembled into columns. No Y seams, but an extra straight seam.

Originally Posted by Armylady2012 (Post 7933631)
Kassaundra love the 3D block you made I have been wanting to try to make one for a while now just need to find me a pattern.

terriamn 10-28-2017 02:53 PM

Kass love your Underground Railroad quilt and your sashing is perfect.

you are all teasing me, won’t be able to see my blocks till I get home Tuesday.

Today was a much better day with Mom, yesterday was heartbreaking. For those in past booms that remember my miracle grand nephew Liam, his Mom and Dad dressed him up like a tiger and surprised Mom with a visit this afternoon. What a cutie pie and it made Mom’s afternoon

Libster 10-28-2017 03:02 PM

Ah, Terri, so nice to hear from Liam. I'm happy to hear that he's doing well. He is such a special little boy.

mjpEncinitas 10-28-2017 03:18 PM

The blocks are here! My husband and I enjoyed looking them over together. These blocks are so beautifully constructed and thanks to all who made the bonus blocks. I feel blessed especially since I wasn't able to get to bonus blocks this time.

The beautiful 15 blocks that only have red and yellow in them are going into the throw quilt for the woman who helped my son. They look gorgeous together. The others with orange, brown, chickens and the hurly curly? stitch are going into a table runner for me. I'm keeping the hurlycurly one because that stitch is on my list of things to learn and five years from now, when I get to that item I'll have Terriamn's hurlycurly block to guide me. The wonderful Ann Day of the Dead block is going into the next wallhanging I make.

terriamn 10-28-2017 05:39 PM

MJP, it’s the Hersey Jerkey stitch but like the Hurley Curley. Sounds like you are going to have fun with all your blocks.

mjpEncinitas 10-28-2017 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the first Day of the Dead quilt from the last boom completed. I'm hoping to make three wall hangings. This one included almost all of the red squares. [ATTACH=CONFIG]583100[/ATTACH]Your squares inspired me to do some of the best FMQ I've done. Hard to see though. The picture isn't great.

annt59 10-28-2017 07:13 PM

I received my blocks today. Thank you Janice McC for taking care of this swap.

Kassaundra 10-28-2017 07:38 PM

Cool wall hanging. I would trade half of my piecing skills for half of your FMQ skills.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7933809)
Here is the first Day of the Dead quilt from the last boom completed. I'm hoping to make three wall hangings. This one included almost all of the red squares. [ATTACH=CONFIG]583100[/ATTACH]Your squares inspired me to do some of the best FMQ I've done. Hard to see though. The picture isn't great.