Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Kassaundra 10-28-2017 07:40 PM

My blocks you guys made for me are awesome, thanks everyone. I have an idea for assembling them, not sure if it will work since it is still a crazy idea in my head. After I finish w/ the urr I will do a mock up and see if my idea works.

Kassaundra 10-29-2017 05:56 AM

Sewbiz, thank you for that epp pattern. I did not have it, it looks beautiful. I was thinking I may need to get my math hat out and figure out what % to set the printer at to make it a 12 inch block, but then I thought all that unness. math, just make those outer corner pieces thicker!!!! lol

Kassaundra 10-29-2017 07:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have been working on quilting the center part of my URR quilt. My quilting is usually very utilitarian, some form of echo of the piecing pattern, mostly straight line w/ a walking foot, some modest curves, and usually no more then ness to hold the batting in place. Anyway one of the blocks is called "Britches" as in pants, used to tell the slaves to pack clothes or wear multiple layers something like that. I am so proud of my quilting idea I had to share
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583117[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583118[/ATTACH]

terriamn 10-29-2017 08:24 AM

MJP, super cool wall hanging. Love love it, so fun

mjpEncinitas 10-29-2017 11:44 AM

Great pants quilting Kass. The curves look perfect! Very fun.

I have ancestors who were part of the Underground Railroad. They lived on a farm near a free black town in Ohio across the Mason Dixon line. When searchers came they would look in that town but the slaves would be hiding at the farm. That farmer also paid someone to fight in the war for him so he could continue farming.

Janice McC 10-29-2017 01:55 PM

Good evening, Boomers! It looks like about 3/4 of the blocks have been delivered including two packages that arrived a day ahead of schedule. Woo, hoo! Not bad, USPS, not bad at all. :). So don't forget to go through your blocks and let me know your thoughts if you wish to share. Thanks!

Mona G 10-29-2017 02:02 PM

I can't wait until I get home tomorrow night after my church meeting to plan with my blocks.

Kassaundra 10-29-2017 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is the finished center. This will be on point The rest of the blocks will not be on point.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583151[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583152[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 10-29-2017 06:20 PM

I think my blocks are probably at my house, but I am in Memphis helping the kids move. Can’t wait to see them as soon as I get home! I’m the last to get my Summer blocks too, so I’ll have lots of feedback to do.

Kass, your URR quilt is beautiful. The railroad track sashings are a stroke of genius! When you go to Eleanor Burns’ shop in Paducah and use her ladies restroom, she has her Underground Railroad quilt hang up in there, in lieu of a shower curtain. It’s beautiful, too.

MJP, your DOD wall hanging is gorgeous. Love the appliquéd dancing lady you made.

Terri, so glad little Liam gave your mom so much joy! Glad Liam is doing well too.

Janice McC 10-30-2017 04:16 AM

Sewbizgirl, my update shows they are at the pi bc there was no secure place to deliver, or something to that effect. You'll probably need to arrange for redelivery or pick up at the PO.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7934376)
I think my blocks are probably at my house, but I am in Memphis helping the kids move. Can’t wait to see them as soon as I get home! I’m the last to get my Summer blocks too, so I’ll have lots of feedback to do. .