Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Janice McC 11-03-2017 01:49 AM

Libster, my "workhorse" is a 35 year old Kenmore. It just keeps on going! Love it.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7936816)
Joan, I use Warm & Natural cotton batting and flannel backing for my QAYGs. I use my regular foot on my machine because I usually just do SITD. I'm using my workhorse machine, a Kenmore that's about 25 years old. It uses Janome parts (the few times I've had to have them). I love this machine. Give it a good cleaning once in a while and it just purrs right along. The cleaning is necessary after using flannel.
Once you get the first QAYG under your belt, you're going to love this method! I sure do.

Libster 11-03-2017 03:52 AM

Janice- I know, right!? And I saw last week that Sears is going to stop selling Kenmore brand. I guess I'd better stock up on needles, etc. while I can. Universal brand will work, but......

joanelizbay 11-03-2017 03:58 AM

Thanks for the tips..I was pretty sure I used cotten on the one I did for Conner. Im anxious to pick a backing and get started on it!! I am pretty sure I used flannel on his also. The 2 boys, 13, just got new rooms and they both need new quilts for the rooms :)

mjpEncinitas 11-03-2017 07:14 AM

Quilt as you go is a great way to practice free motion quilting. Those little blocks are easy to quilt on.

terriamn 11-03-2017 07:27 AM

I plan on trying QUilt as you go and practice with ruler work

Janice McC 11-03-2017 04:36 PM

Just a quick fyi that I've changed the gallery around a bit. Now the opening page is of the Completed Boom Quilts with the latest Booms at the top. If anyone has more quilts to add, email them to me at [email protected]. Thanks!

marija 11-03-2017 06:54 PM

Those were the days when a machine lasted forever. I have a new Maytag and would trade it any day for my old kenmore. One thing I learned about the new machines is go for the
basic machine and forget the frills.

marija 11-03-2017 07:02 PM

Wow Jaba! What a great looking quilt. Thanks everyone for the beautiful blocks you all made for me!!!!!!!!

Bluelady 11-03-2017 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7937305)
Just a quick fyi that I've changed the gallery around a bit. Now the opening page is of the Completed Boom Quilts with the latest Booms at the top. If anyone has more quilts to add, email them to me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Oh I love seeing all the finished quilts! What a great way to inspire more!

sewbizgirl 11-04-2017 08:14 AM

I have just finished leaving feedback for every block I received (I hope). Thank you all for swapping with me!

Not sure when I will get my blocks made into quilts. I have so much holiday stuff to work on first. My son's birthday is Nov. 15 so I have to get his quilt completed, pronto. Then there are Christmas donation quilts to finish... The florals you all made into beautiful blocks for me will make great Spring quilts for the hospital.