Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

sewbizgirl 11-06-2017 04:33 PM

Glad you all liked my Christmas "booms"... but I didn't make all those blocks. They were given to me by others in the group. I made some all year long and set them aside, as did the other ladies. Then all I had to do was join them up and quilt... or in the case of the QAYG, quilt and then join. :D So it didn't take that long. But it's nice that you are impressed! Ha!

I went out and bought a new laptop today. I'm still on the old one because I have to figure out how to transfer files over to the new one. Will also be on the learning curve for Windows 10.. (I'm used to 8). My old computer has become so unresponsive and slow I'm ready to sling it out into the woods! Can't wait to get the new one up and running.

terriamn 11-07-2017 04:20 AM

Sewbiz I use AOL for my mail and downloading my embroidery files. The last update has everyone hollering about how slow it is. Patience is not my virtue when on the computer. Absolutely want to scream when it is so slow. Enjoy your new laptop

GramE 11-07-2017 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7939460)
Sewbiz I use AOL for my mail and downloading my embroidery files. The last update has everyone hollering about how slow it is. Patience is not my virtue when on the computer. Absolutely want to scream when it is so slow. Enjoy your new laptop

My grandsons all head over here when they want to play computer games together. We have the fastest WiFi. But I get very inpatient when I have to wait on a down load. Then I remember what it was like with dial up servers. Downloads could take 30-60 minutes or more!

SewBiz, I got a new laptop for Christmas last year & there are many things I still haven’t figured out. I’ve been using an iPad for 7 years, that pc was a very large learning curve. A grandson came last week to help me with my music & some updates.

I’m taking the quilting out of a ufo for the third time! Not putting the minky style backing on it, going to buy a piece of flannel. Lots of time for Hallmark movies! :shock:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Kassaundra 11-07-2017 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update on my DW / URR quilt. The center is complete, now the setting triangles are assembled and quilted, ready to be joined to the center. Then next is completing the top and bottom rows.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583539[/ATTACH]

GramE 11-07-2017 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7939950)
Update on my DW / URR quilt. The center is complete, now the setting triangles are assembled and quilted, ready to be joined to the center. Then next is completing the top and bottom rows.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]583539[/ATTACH]

What got you started on this quilt?

sewbizgirl 11-07-2017 08:23 PM

Looking great so far, Kass... you are almost there. Very cool setting.

Kassaundra 11-07-2017 08:27 PM

Several years ago I was in an URR block swap, and I added to them, over a several year period. Have been wanting to finish it for some time.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7939958)
What got you started on this quilt?

GramE 11-07-2017 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7939960)
Several years ago I was in an URR block swap, and I added to them, over a several year period. Have been wanting to finish it for some time.

I love historical biographies and wondered if that’s what started you on this quilting journey. Such a treasure and a legacy. And I love their mottos!

Kassaundra 11-08-2017 06:00 AM

That isn't the URR motto, it is The Doctor's in Doctor Who. I am a huge DW fan and that saying fit so perfectly, and if the Doctor was real he would be all up in the URR, and it is a philosophy I so agree with so I thought I would combine the two.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7939970)
I love historical biographies and wondered if that’s what started you on this quilting journey. Such a treasure and a legacy. And I love their mottos!

terriamn 11-08-2017 06:12 AM

Kass looking great, can’t wait to see the finishe quilt