Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

JayneW 11-10-2017 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello friends-

I've finally decided on a setting for my boom blocks. I've finished over a dozen quilts and this will be the first one I've kept for myself. I don't know if I'm going to get it done for this year or not, but I wanted to show you a sneak peak of what I'm doing with your wonderful blocks! There is a really cool secondary pattern that emerges... can't wait!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]583617[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 11-10-2017 07:46 AM

Re: Boom 19. I received more post-Boom comments than usual which I greatly appreciate. Thank you to everyone who took the time to write. I had A LOT of positive comments, always so pleasant to hear. Several swappers pointed out some exceptional blocks that were made for them. Other positives: The camaraderie and chit chat, being part of a group with common goals, learning to stretch their skills a bit, working with fabrics they wouldn't normally chose and of course beautiful blocks. One person made a point of saying these were, on the whole, the best sized blocks she's seen. All good things! Then there were some problems named including the small F8s many received, blocks made with virtually no seam allowances, color requests not followed, too small blocks, and F8s and fabrics with strong aromas. Now we've touched on all of these things at one time or another this round so I'll leave it at that.

I look at a lot of blocks before I send them to their permanent homes and I can see your efforts and successes. I see what you put into your blocks. Thank you to everyone who participated and went the extra mile to do the best work possible. It shows. You are deeply appreciated by me and your fellow Boomers. THANK YOU!

It's a wrap, folks.

Janice McC 11-10-2017 07:57 AM

Oh, JayneW, love the setting! Can't wait to see how it progresses. 😊

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 7941295)
Hello friends-

I've finally decided on a setting for my boom blocks. I've finished over a dozen quilts and this will be the first one I've kept for myself. I don't know if I'm going to get it done for this year or not, but I wanted to show you a sneak peak of what I'm doing with your wonderful blocks! There is a really cool secondary pattern that emerges... can't wait!

GramE 11-10-2017 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 7941295)
Hello friends-

love this! Brings unity to the variety!

Kassaundra 11-10-2017 08:08 AM

Jayne such a great setting for your blocks. I think one of your sashings is turned backwards the lower left one.

JayneW 11-10-2017 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7941311)
Jayne such a great setting for your blocks. I think one of your sashings is turned backwards the lower left one.

Good eye Kass! When I took this picture they weren't sewn.... its all better now! But that is the kind of thing I would do.

joanelizbay 11-10-2017 10:15 AM

That's going to be a beautiful quilt Jayne. Did you think up the sashings?? I like the way the red brings out the blocks! Please post when finished!

sewbizgirl 11-10-2017 10:33 AM

That is an amazing setting, Jane! Love it and can’t wait to see it completed.

Libster 11-10-2017 12:03 PM

I'm loving your setting too, Jayne. What a beautiful quilt you'll have all just for you!

terriamn 11-10-2017 02:53 PM

Jayne I agree with everyone else, love your setting. Heck I am so happy to get a quilt done all I can think of is a straight quick and easy setting.