Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

GramE 11-18-2017 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7946468)
Rainy cold day here in Missouri..good day to catch up on some stuff. I made another Carpenter Star center piece and made all the blocks for it. Had a hard time finding the purple from connecting threads but finally found someone who had it in her stash..thank heavens! Just got binding on it. 2nd is my grandson Logans cardinals quilt for his new room. Now to get him to sleep in the room! LOL The 3rd picture is my last remaining Carpenter Star. Im sending out the blue and the flowered in the next swap. Then Ill have orange, blue, purple and this one for charity quilts! Next project is going to be a r/w/b patriotic if I can find a pattern I like...Have a great Thanksgiving!

Man do I love those center stars! Awesome!

Janice McC 11-18-2017 01:59 PM

Since Boom 20 has been mentioned again, everyone please remember ONLY F8s will be used in the next round. You may send more, but you may not send less. NO EXCEPTIONS. Everyone has plenty of time to plan and gather what you'll need. Thanks for your cooperation.

Muse&Sew 11-18-2017 02:47 PM

Beautiful quilts sew biz & Joan. Love the stars & the purple quilt.

So sorry about the layoff's Terri. Hard with the holidays & hard to see people suffer.

joanelizbay 11-18-2017 03:19 PM

I love the Carpenter Star too..Had made 4-5 of them to make a full star quilt but decided to use them for center piece of several quilts.. I might use the big star for my patriotic quilt..just havent decided yet. My granddaughter just texted me from Illinois..said they were getting snow.. I told her to send it back to Missouri!

Kassaundra 11-18-2017 03:25 PM

Just keep it out of Oklahoma!!! I made 12 or so (I don't remember now) 12 inch carpenter's stars for a block swap several years ago on the chicken forum. I really like the block.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7946523)
I love the Carpenter Star too..Had made 4-5 of them to make a full star quilt but decided to use them for center piece of several quilts.. I might use the big star for my patriotic quilt..just havent decided yet. My granddaughter just texted me from Illinois..said they were getting snow.. I told her to send it back to Missouri!

terriamn 11-18-2017 03:39 PM

Joanliz love your quilts and the Carpenters Star’s

sewbizgirl 11-18-2017 03:58 PM

Love your purple sampler, Joan! I agree the carpenter's stars are wonderful centerpieces.

Logan's baseball quilt is great too... who wouldn't want to snuggle up under that? It may be just the thing to get him into his own bed. LOL.

I have already prepped one fabric for Boom 20... yes, they are F8's! They are all ready to go except for the note. I got paint chips to send with the note... plenty of choices in colors. Not sure which fabric I will send for the other group. Excited for Boom 20 but also glad for a rest in between. I have so much to sew for Christmas, before the next Boom happens.

Thanks for your comments on my plaid sampler quilt for my son.

Kassaundra 11-18-2017 04:47 PM

I am way behind, haven't even picked out fabric or any color ideas or anything yet.

Janice McC 11-18-2017 05:03 PM

No f8s will be due until after the new year. Over 6 more weeks to reflect and decide.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7946576)
I am way behind, haven't even picked out fabric or any color ideas or anything yet.

terriamn 11-18-2017 05:47 PM

I need to clean my sewing room so glad for the time in between booms.

one boom will be bright yellow orange floral and still making my mind up on the second. Decided not to use fabric dh picked out, will use it on a back or something.