Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Kassaundra 11-22-2017 02:11 PM

Jayne it is awesome

joanelizbay 11-22-2017 03:20 PM

Jayne that is really pretty!!

Libster 11-22-2017 03:20 PM

Beautiful quilt, Jayne! Your son will love having it on his bed.

Have a safe, family and fun filled Thanksgiving Day, Everyone!

joanelizbay 11-22-2017 03:25 PM

Jayne that is really pretty!!

mjpEncinitas 11-22-2017 03:34 PM

Turned out fantastic Jayne. The blocks look wonderful in that setting. Your son will love it.

Janice McC 11-22-2017 05:05 PM

What a lovely thing to say. Fills my heart. The top is beautiful. I love the way you set these blocks. Can't wait to see it after its quilted. :)

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 7949153)
This thanksgiving I'm thankful to you, my new quilting friends, for your beautiful work! Here is my finished top (first one, rest of the blocks will be in a different lap sized quilt). I'll take it this weekend to my long arm lady and it will be on my son's bed when he comes home for Christmas![ATTACH=CONFIG]584203[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 11-22-2017 05:09 PM

Good job with the quilting! Love the pumpkins.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7949001)
Kass sure hope your creation fits your little friend. Brrr I get cold looking at him

Finished binding last night. Pretty hard to see I used the clam shell ruler in the middle and straight edge around the pumpkins. Should have used a smaller clam shell.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584188[/ATTACH]

Only the finest scaleless chickens wear custom apparel. :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7948832)
Been working on the crocheted wool winter outfit for my scaleless. It started out too big so I felted it, the main body is a very thick "thermal single stitch" then felted. I added filler pieces to the leg holes and the wing, and tail cover these are just single crochet. This is the most intricate design I've made yet, still don't know if it will fit right now. Haven't had a chance to try it on him yet. The wing sleeve covers will be secured down at the back edge, and the whole thing will be joined on the bottom (under side) edge, most likely w/ a yarn "shoe lace" type closure so it can be big to put on for ease and sinched smaller for wearing. For those of you who aren't as familiar about chicken anatomy (or don't routinely draw out clothing designs for chickens) I drew in where his head, wings, tail, and legs will be in some of the pics. Needless to say if this actually works I'm going to be pretty pleased w/ myself.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584182[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584183[/ATTACH]
And the guy who would rather stay naked, but had the misfortune to hatch in Oklahoma instead of Hawaii

Janice McC 11-22-2017 05:13 PM

Just checked. No problem here. Anyone else having trouble?

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 7949114)
Is the galley working for anyone? It has not opened for me in 3 days. Just wondering.

Janice McC 11-22-2017 05:32 PM

Reminder to all, I'll probably start sign-ups for Boom 20 in mid-December for an early January start. I'll post info on both Boom 19 threads.

Requirements: Fat 8ths only. No exceptions! Prewashed, pressed, selvages cut off, and then cut into 18x11 inch (no less than 18x10 inch) pieces. No excessive aromas on fabrics. At least 2 of our regular Boomers are very sensitive to scents and not in a good way!
12 1/2 inch blocks your goal
1/4 inch seams and short stitch length
Continuous contact with the swap via the threads.

Stay tuned!

sewbizgirl 11-22-2017 10:15 PM

Jayne, fantastic quilt! Love it that it will be a surprise for your son.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!