Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

terriamn 11-25-2017 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don’t laugh to loud, my first quilt as you go block

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584329[/ATTACH]

GramE 11-25-2017 04:51 PM

I love it! I’m hoping to jump in after the new year on my orange boom blocks. So I know who to ask for tips!

Kassaundra 11-25-2017 05:27 PM

Terri I think it is great!

joanelizbay 11-25-2017 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
IVe kept the scraps from Boom swaps over the years and finally decided to make them into a Diamond Patch quilt. Probably 98% of the blocks are from past Booms. It was fun to try to remember who sent what fabric, from Dr Seuss to flowers, to butterflys and paris... And a good way to use up some scraps. Will have to get it quilted so I can use it!

sewbizgirl 11-25-2017 06:12 PM

Terri, you did great with the QAYG. Very cute block. Wait til you join your blocks to see how you love it.

Joan, love that diamond patch quilt! The little 9 patches in the border are terrific.

Hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving holiday. We finally got out to do some shopping today, and found some great buys at the outlet mall. Tonight my daughter and I launched into some impromptu baking! Hadn't had enough sweets yet... They are leaving in the morning and then life will have to get back to normal again. We have had a great time!

Libster 11-25-2017 06:22 PM

Terri, you did a good job with your first block. You're going to love this QAYG. I just put the last stitches in my SIL's quilt. I'll get some pictures Tuesday at Seniors. I need a couple of the taller men to hold it up for me.
Joan, love that you've saved and been able to use scraps from our Booms. That is a memory quilt for sure.
Sewbiz, I've done some baking tonight too. I just got through wrapping 7 mini loaves of Amish Cinnamon Bread. They'll go in the freezer for Christmas baskets for some friends. What's everybody else baking??

sewbizgirl 11-25-2017 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7950675)
What's everybody else baking??

We made some chocolate chip cookies and another pumpkin pie. The first one disappeared too fast!

Libster 11-25-2017 06:33 PM

I made 2 pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. My granddaughter took both of them home with her. She also informed me she likes cinnamon bread too! I'm thinking that may have been a broad hint.

terriamn 11-25-2017 06:52 PM

My oldest dd flew in yesterday and I just mentioned it would be fun to bake together but it was to early. Just picked up half a beef and freezer is full.

Would like to make banana or pumpkin bread for all my friends that are getting laid off. ��. My pumpkin bread recipie is from a woman in my hubbies home church. She has been gone for many years but her recipie has lived on.

One of our new favorite breads is snickerdoodle.

klaws 11-25-2017 07:08 PM

I had a nice visit with my family in Ohio last week. Also found some apartments that would work when I'm ready to move in the Spring. Thanksgiving was quiet here in Florida. I made some pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. Boy are they ever good! Unfortunately, I'm the only one eating them so far. They sure aren't helping my waistline at all!

Terri, I love your QAYG block. It's so colorful!
Joan, your diamond patch quilt is so pretty! It looks so crisp and clean.