Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

marietta 07-27-2017 05:19 AM

Klaws Great block, I'm liking that Anvil block more and more

Kass, you really do outdo yourself over and over WOW

joanelizbay 07-27-2017 05:33 AM

Oh wow....that is so beautiful Kass!! I wouldn't have the patience to make that one EVER!! Ive seen that Anvil for years but never used it but that one goes perfect with that fabric! Wish I could go home today and sew but doubt I could get away with it two days in a row! :)

bibliostone 07-27-2017 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Great blocks being posted. I am in awe of several of them. Here is my block for Libster.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577382[/ATTACH]

Libster 07-27-2017 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by bibliostone (Post 7872653)
Great blocks being posted. I am in awe of several of them. Here is my block for Libster.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577382[/ATTACH]

Bibliostone, exactly what I had in mind. I love it! Thank you for making this block for me.

terriamn 07-27-2017 08:09 AM

Very pretty Biblistone, love the shade of blue and the block itself

Marlenab 07-27-2017 09:13 AM

Wow Kass.....that's stunning!!!

I have managed to pick fabrics and block patterns for about half of you. Having a blast rummaging though my fabrics! The other half has given me an excuse to go fabric shopping this weekend. :thumbup: Although I have ALOT of fabric, I'm realizing I need more tone on tones in my stash.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7869915)
I finished Jayne's tree stars block tonight. The stars are hand pieced (english paper pieced) but they are machine appliqued to the background. It hasn't been trimmed to size yet b/c I temporarily misplaced my rotary cutter but the star points are all more then 1/4 inch from the soon to be trimmed edge.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577113[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 07-27-2017 09:51 AM

Bstone, love the star for Libster... those hourglass units are my nemesis! Perfect colors, too.

Marlena, doing Booms has helped me learn to collect good tonals! Before the booms, I mostly only bought "focus" fabrics. It's another way that making these blocks has made me a better quilter. I've learned that good tonals are as important as focus fabrics. Glad you are having fun, so far!

I have finished all my Summer blocks and I'm trying to restrain myself from jumping in to my Autumn fabrics just yet. I have a feeling I will tear through them like an obsessed block-making beast, as i did with Summer. So the plan is to work on other stuff for a little while before I start. (Plans do change, tho! :D) Let's see how long I can hold out.

marija 07-27-2017 10:19 AM

What great blocks everyone is making. I've only finished two. My favorite is the elf legs block made by MJP. Also working on another Q for my niece. Such talented Boomers!!!!!!

Janice McC 07-27-2017 01:17 PM

As you work through the F8s, please make sure you've actually made a block from every piece of fabric. Quite a while back, a boomer inadvertently sent an unused F8 back to the owner. Folded up in a baggie, blocks and F8s don't look so different. Please double check before sending. Thanks!

klaws 07-27-2017 01:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two for today. The first one is an Eight Pointed Star for Have4Boys and the second one is a variation of Jacob's Ladder for Marija.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577430[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577431[/ATTACH]