Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Kassaundra 07-29-2017 07:41 PM

Just remind them who taught them to use a toilet or spoon! lol

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7874860)
Terri, I downloaded the pics off my phone to the computer and they still wouldn't upload on here. Have no idea...need one of the kids here I guess:) (they always look at me like I'm nuts not knowing how to do this) Oh well, tell them their Mother is getting old and senile, at least they laugh. Not sure if they really think I'm nuts or they are agreeing with me.
Thanks Kass, I'm enjoying using them again. Kind of weird how you can forget the rulers you have just because you don't use them everyday. Just figured they were blocks that perhaps wouldn't be the same as someone else made. Variety, the spice of life you know?

annt59 07-29-2017 08:58 PM

Jaba, I love my block you made!

Mollymunchins, that bow-tie is spiffy!

Janice McC 07-30-2017 04:52 AM

Routine reminders: Seams should be 1/4 inch or a scant 1/4, this includes all the diagonals which is where I most often see the narrowest and the widest seams. Please make sure you are using at least 12 stitches per inch if you are machine sewing. Blocks are to be 12 1/2 inches square - or as reasonably close as you can get them - so measure, measure, measure!

Thanks!

Kassaundra 07-30-2017 06:58 AM

I decided to look at the gallery to see who doesn't have a block made yet to decide on which block I will work on next. I was inspired by Cheese's fabric. I have an idea and concept now comes the math and drafting to see if it will work. I had intended for the next block to be one of the non dresden for this boom, but maybe next up will be a non dressie. If my plan works out it will be inspired by dressies, however not be a plate.

sewbizgirl 07-30-2017 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7875142)
I decided to look at the gallery to see who doesn't have a block made yet to decide on which block I will work on next. I was inspired by Cheese's fabric. I have an idea and concept now comes the math and drafting to see if it will work. I had intended for the next block to be one of the non dresden for this boom, but maybe next up will be a non dressie. If my plan works out it will be inspired by dressies, however not be a plate.

Very mysterious, Kass.... :eek:

Kassaundra 07-30-2017 08:20 AM

Later this afternoon I will post a sneak peak that will likely give her heart palpatations (in a scared way) She gave us cart blanch on our fabric choices so I went to my fussy cutting stash and pulled some fabrics, that is the picture I am going to post, there are a few fabrics!!!! lol lol lol

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7875221)
Very mysterious, Kass.... :eek:

sewbizgirl 07-30-2017 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7875233)
Later this afternoon I will post a sneak peak that will likely give her heart palpatations (in a scared way) She gave us cart blanch on our fabric choices so I went to my fussy cutting stash and pulled some fabrics, that is the picture I am going to post, there are a few fabrics!!!! lol lol lol

Strapping on our seatbelts for this one... :D

Cheesehead 07-30-2017 09:05 AM

Ohhh Kass, can't wait! We are "up north" as Wisconsinites refer as going on a vacation in the north woods on a lake. We are here with DH's family and have rented about 10 cabins. Pretty neat percs too, most cabins have dishwashers (ours doesn't) but we have AC, so much for roughing it.

Jan

Kassaundra 07-30-2017 09:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
In a cabin w/ running water, toilet and electricity (soft bed, hard walls) is the only way I'd even consider "camping".

I got to take a picture sooner then I thought. These are the fabrics I pulled, not all will make it in. Some of them are either / or like the yellows just pulled several tones and scale to pick one that works best, and these will be fussy cut so the whole print you see will be selected for a purpose. I will be able to do 80% of the work before ever touching your fabric so will be able to see if my vision translates well before the point of no return w/ your fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577684[/ATTACH]
Now off to make 4 or 5 templates.

sewbizgirl 07-30-2017 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like Cheesehead's getting a lollapalooza! Those fabs look great together.

Here's my humble offering... A Mississippi block (actually made in and from Mississippi) for Hav4boys:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577695[/ATTACH]