Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Kassaundra 07-04-2017 08:17 AM

No not one of Phyllis'. She changed her mind after I went to all the trouble to design and make the maternity dress.

sewbizgirl 07-04-2017 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7857504)
No not one of Phyllis'. She changed her mind after I went to all the trouble to design and make the maternity dress.

She was just trying to trick you into making her some stylish duds to wear! Mission accomplished. :D

joanelizbay 07-04-2017 10:43 AM

I have a question that might have been answered before but can those kinds of chickens be eaten?? Or are they just "pets"? I love the little baby one..poor thing looks so cold. Do they sunburn?? And yes indeed you do make some outstanding blocks Kass. You amaze me with your ability to just look at a picture and be able to make it into a pattern!.

klaws 07-04-2017 10:59 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I'm originally from PA but most of my immediate family is in Ohio. I'm planning on moving back up north to be close to them. I've been a member of the board for 4 years, participated in many small swaps, hosted the pincushion swap for a couple years but never been in a boom swap. I'm really looking forward to it. I had the pleasure of meeting several of you boomers in Lakeland, Florida a few months ago. I've been sewing for over 50 years, made soft sculpted cloth character dolls for many years and got into quilting about 5 years ago. I'm attaching a couple pictures of some of the dolls I made. I'll be mailing my package to Janice tomorrow and can't wait to get started on all of your blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575846[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]575847[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]575848[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 07-04-2017 11:13 AM

Yes they can be eaten. Areas of the world that are very warm and low on cheap protien are looking at these to raise commercially for meat. I have never had any to sunburn, but have always had shade available.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7857582)
I have a question that might have been answered before but can those kinds of chickens be eaten?? Or are they just "pets"? I love the little baby one..poor thing looks so cold. Do they sunburn?? And yes indeed you do make some outstanding blocks Kass. You amaze me with your ability to just look at a picture and be able to make it into a pattern!.

Libster 07-04-2017 11:13 AM

klaws, your dolls are wonderful! Now that is talent!

Kassaundra 07-04-2017 11:14 AM

Klaws cool dolls.

lynnie 07-04-2017 11:27 AM

Karen, your dolls are amazing. such tedious work, so perfect. great little fingers. great hair and accessories.

Janice McC 07-04-2017 12:48 PM

Happy Independence Day, Boomers! I'm back from my mini-vacation and will work on your posts and emails tomorrow. I see that at least 8 packages of F8s are on the way so you all are really starting fast! More tomorrow...

sewbizgirl 07-04-2017 07:30 PM

Karen... wow! You are a talented doll maker. Each one has it's own personality. They are beautiful.