Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

sewbizgirl 08-04-2017 03:12 PM

Yay... lots of blocks today!

Klaws, LOVE your Aunt Dinah.... it's one of my favorite blocks too. Paired with that lavender batik it looks totally dreamy. Love the Party Hats too. That's a fun block.

Kass, B'stone's block is fussy cutting perfection. Love the circling birds in the center, and the other four are so well balanced. It's beautiful. And yes, I think I can tell what Joan's block will be! :D

The chicken blocks are too funny. I have some chicken fabric waiting to be a quilt, too. Who doesn't love chickens?

Janice McC 08-04-2017 04:03 PM

Adorable! Thanks for sharing. :) I've got a large file of chicken blocks on pinterest. Had to look through them again this afternoon. They always make be laugh.

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 7879666)
I bought this pattern book a couple of years ago and it is still on my to do list. Love my chickens.[ATTACH=CONFIG]578015[/ATTACH]

jaba 08-04-2017 06:18 PM

Finished my customer's quilt today, I'm so glad it's done. Straighten up the sewing room in the morning and then maybe start on these blocks again. I'll be kind of confined next week, the North end of our house is getting all new flooring so everything will be torn up....ugh....kitchen, entry doorway, formal dining room, hallway, 2nd utility and laundry room and another bathroom. It's going to be Bar-B-Que or eat out and I'll be in the downstairs. Lots of sewing going on for 3-4 days :)

sewbizgirl 08-04-2017 08:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New flooring sounds awesome, Jaba! It will be worth the temporary trial that it is...

I have only one done for today. The block is called Marley and is a free PP pattern that I found on Craftsy. But if I were naming this block, it would be "School of Fish". That's what it looks like to me. It's for LJDugas. Hope this is the scrappy look she wanted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578027[/ATTACH]

marija 08-05-2017 10:06 AM

What beautiful blocks everyone is making. I'm stuck on the stripes. Years ago I made a rooster wall hanging, does that count as a chicken block....Finally, the weather is starting to cool, not used to the humidity that were having!

JayneW 08-05-2017 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my block for Klaws. It was fun to make. Hope its not too busy!!! No more blocks for me for a couple weeks, we are heading out tomorrow for a rafting trip in Idaho. Last hoorah for the summer and some fun time with my boys (ages 25 and 22).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578068[/ATTACH]

Libster 08-05-2017 12:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Love that block for klaws, Jayne!
Here are two from me today. First one is for NanaKathy. It's a Red Cross Block, but in this case, I guess we'll call it a Plum Cross Block for her granddaughter RN. Congrats to her, NanaKathy!
Second one is for klaws. It's a Courthouse Star. Whew, glad this one is made.

sewbizgirl 08-05-2017 01:25 PM

Oooh, great work with the stripes, Jayne and Libster! I like the plum cross too! Perfect for a nurse.

klaws 08-05-2017 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Libster, my block is great! I especially like the green center. Thank you!
Jayne, I love my block! It is definitely not too busy! Thank you!
Funny thing, I was working on yours today. I'm attaching a picture. It is called Christmas Geese from McCalls Quilting. You can't tell by the picture but the background isn't white. It is gold with gold metallic specks. I enjoyed making it.

This is for JayneW.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578080[/ATTACH]

klaws 08-05-2017 01:39 PM

Janice, are my pictures okay or are they too big?