Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Marlenab 08-07-2017 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Crazy busy weekend! Canned pickled beets and salsa. Picked 25 gallons of apples. Managed to get some cut into apple slices and frozen for pies this winter. Still have 15 gallons to work on today after work. I think I'm going to do apple juice.
But....I managed to get one block done this weekend. This is for Marcialee!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578231[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 08-07-2017 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7881604)
Sewbiz you are whipping out lots of great blocks, what happened to slow and enjoying yourself?

This IS my slow speed! :D

terriamn 08-07-2017 01:48 PM

Marlena very pretty, that is one of my favorite blocks

Libster 08-07-2017 02:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've made two blocks this afternoon. First one is for Hav4boys. Your green is marbled.
Second one is for Cheesehead. It's a Morning Star. It's pink, purple and pansies. The colors are not true in the pictures. It's pouring rain here, so no sun. Hope y'all like them.

jaba 08-07-2017 03:04 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I have been in the sewing studio all day listening to rip and tear, hammers,etc. You can not believe how torn up my house is. I should have gone on vacation somewhere while all this flooring was being done. But the good news is all my blocks are done. Cheesehead- boxes block[ATTACH=CONFIG]578261[/ATTACH] Klaws- Braced Star block[ATTACH=CONFIG]578262[/ATTACH] MJPEncinitas- Grandmother's Favorite block[ATTACH=CONFIG]578263[/ATTACH] Sewbizgirl- Hayes Corner Block[ATTACH=CONFIG]578264[/ATTACH] Terriamn- Mosaic #19 Block and my try at a baby hippie elephant[ATTACH=CONFIG]578265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]578266[/ATTACH] I hope all of you ladies will be able to use these. I had fun making them for sure!!

Libster 08-07-2017 03:27 PM

Great blocks, Jaba. But, again, the worm and elephant are my favorites! They are so cute.

terriamn 08-07-2017 03:35 PM

Libster and Jaba great blocks. Love both of my blocks Jaba but the hippie elephant is just to darn cute..

Just left my Mom's. it was very warm in her room and she had on jeans and 2 shirts and said she was cold. I suggested her fuzzy robe but no that was to hot. She wanted a cotton dress that snapped up the front. I asked if she wanted it on over her 2 shirts since she was cold. Her reply was heavens no Terri Ann. Helped her out of overshirt into dress, snapped her up and she asked me to help her out of the jeans.. I asked why and she said you don't wear jeans under a dress. Replied but Mom you wanted this because you were cold, if you take the jeans off you will be colder. She gave me a big smile and said ok as long as there is a reason I'll leave the jeans on. ..... a few minutes later she said she would love a snack. I asked if I should get her some piping hot coffee, her favorite go to. Nope she wanted something cold and asked for ice cream. Still haven't figured out if she was really hot when she said she was cold or what. Just had to chuckle

klaws 08-07-2017 06:25 PM

Thank you jaba! I love my block! All of the other blocks are great too! The baby elephant is just too adorable!
Libster, I really like your blocks for hav4boys and cheesehead. Great job!

sewbizgirl 08-07-2017 09:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Beautiful blocks, Libster and Jaba. Jaba thank you for my pretty block! Looks like we all have been playing with the pansies today. Love Terri's baby elephant too! And Terri's funny story about her mom.... She sounds like a character.

Here is what I came up with for the pansies and the daisies:

Drunkard's Path Flower for Cheesehead
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578282[/ATTACH]

Love in the Mist for MollyMunchkin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578283[/ATTACH]

I have only 6 left to do! :(

Janice McC 08-08-2017 05:49 AM

Beautiful block, Marlinab!

Originally Posted by Marlenab (Post 7881704)
....But....I managed to get one block done this weekend. This is for Marcialee!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578231[/ATTACH]

Libster, as always, lovely.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7881984)
I've made two blocks this afternoon. First one is for Hav4boys. Your green is marbled. Second one is for Cheesehead. It's a Morning Star. It's pink, purple and pansies. The colors are not true in the pictures. It's pouring rain here, so no sun. Hope y'all like them.

Jaba, you are at it again. So fast. Love, love, love the elephant. And Klaws's block hits the right notes for me. Great job.

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7882005)
I have been in the sewing studio all day listening to rip and tear, hammers,etc. You can not believe how torn up my house is. I should have gone on vacation somewhere while all this flooring was being done. But the good news is all my blocks are done. Cheesehead- boxes blockKlaws- Braced Star block[ATTACH=CONFIG]578262[/ATTACH] MJPEncinitas- Grandmother's Favorite block Sewbizgirl- Hayes Corner Block
Terriamn- Mosaic #19 Block and my try at a baby hippie elephant[ATTACH=CONFIG]578266[/ATTACH] I hope all of you ladies will be able to use these. I had fun making them for sure!!

The DP for Cheesehead's pansies is so pretty and MM's is very delicate. :)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7882217)

Here is what I came up with for the pansies and the daisies:

Drunkard's Path Flower for Cheesehead
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578282[/ATTACH]

Love in the Mist for MollyMunchkin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]578283[/ATTACH]

I have only 6 left to do! :(

I'm having connection problems this morning. I've downloaded a lot of pix but am having trouble moving around the web so posting them will have to wait. Reminder, please shrink photos to 200kb or smaller. Thanks!