Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

joanelizbay 08-08-2017 08:05 AM

Oh my, I love that worm and also the elephant!! I love animal appliques of any kind!! Got a free minute to read posts, brother is at a winery somewhere. I tried to sell him Sunday at our reunion cause hes a typical Navy retired Senior Chief and hes getting on my nerves a little bit!! :) I'm so use to being alone cant stand to see my sewing machine closed up! LOL All the blocks are super beautiful this swap!! Hopefully some of the others that couldn't join will be able to join in 20! Back to work for a short while then home to see what the crew is doing.

sewbizgirl 08-08-2017 09:42 AM

God bless you, Joan! Sometimes the best 'vacation' is a day away alone (or even a few hours) when you have guests staying at your house. But this too shall pass. It's always stressful for me to host guests, even if I love them to death!

Marlenab 08-08-2017 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Everyone's blocks are so wonderful! So glad I decided to do this.

I managed to get another block done last night. Not as cute as Jaba's but I've never done applique before so I played it safe and pieced my elephant. This is for terriamn.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578304[/ATTACH]

terriamn 08-08-2017 11:28 AM

Marlena, thanks so much the block is perfect

joanelizbay 08-08-2017 11:39 AM

I love the elephant..still waiting to see the "hippe quilt" with the Abbey road guys on it...I bet its adorable when she gets it done!! Sew...it was better this afternoon..the wine must have helped him! LOL. never know when it might be the last time you see someone...I try to remember that when hes aggravating me! :)

Kassaundra 08-08-2017 12:14 PM

Awesome blocks ladies.

Jaba I just realized your fussy placement of your adorable elephant w/the "o" in love for the eye, very clever!

Sewbiz that drukard's path pansy block is sew nice.

Marlena, your elephant turned out perfect, your fussy placement of love is perfect.

Kassaundra 08-08-2017 12:15 PM

I agree I can't wait to see that finished quilt too.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7882681)
I love the elephant..still waiting to see the "hippe quilt" with the Abbey road guys on it...I bet its adorable when she gets it done!! Sew...it was better this afternoon..the wine must have helped him! LOL. never know when it might be the last time you see someone...I try to remember that when hes aggravating me! :)

klaws 08-08-2017 12:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have three to post today. Two are for Jaba and one for MonaG
This first one is the original one I made for her quilt. It is called Antique Tile.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578319[/ATTACH]

I had just a little fabric left and wanted to use it with the other sea fabric I had. I know it isn't exactly what she wanted and it's really busy but I like it. This is a Friendship Block.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578320[/ATTACH]

This one is for MonaG. My pattern says Quartered Star Block but it might have another name.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578321[/ATTACH]

Libster 08-08-2017 01:05 PM

I am loving everybody's blocks! Just look at what our Boom Family can do!

marietta 08-08-2017 01:10 PM

All of the block are just awesome !!