Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

JayneW 08-19-2017 04:36 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I hope you all don't mind me posting some pictures, but I'm really excited about my new sewing space! While I was digging out the printer's tray, I found a quilt rack my husband had made for me years ago - it's perfect and hanging from it is a quilt made by my great grandmother-in law. The design wall is amazing - you can see a wedding present quilt and my QB BOM blocks (I'm behind). Still debating on dropping the machine, but I'll probably wait because beginning of the year I'm in the market for a new machine![ATTACH=CONFIG]579217[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]579218[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]579219[/ATTACH]

annt59 08-19-2017 04:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Jayne@, very nice sewing room...and so neat!

Nana Kathy here is your block. Hope you like this disappearing 9 patch.

Kassaundra 08-19-2017 05:12 PM

Jayne we all love pictures of each others lives and quilting. You quilting space is awesome, and what an amazing heirloom your GFG quilt and your quilt stand. The quilt you are working on are the alternate squares a fussy cut pattern or pieced?

Kassaundra 08-19-2017 05:15 PM

Annt, great job on the D9P, all your little bugs are all oriented in the same direction, that took some planning.

GramE 08-19-2017 05:20 PM

"Kass, OH MY GOSH! However did you get 6 repeats in a F8??? Amazing! I love the hexagons. It's totally beautiful and happy. Thank you!" SewBiz

you must have sent her a very generous fat eighth. It is hard. I've tried it once , I got 3 3/4 blocks. I had to finagle a "close to" to get four squares. She's just good!

Kassaundra 08-19-2017 05:27 PM

She did send a generous f8, but the repeat in both directions was just at 3 inches so I got the 6 (x3 =18) inch I had threads and dog ears left lol

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7890576)
"Kass, OH MY GOSH! However did you get 6 repeats in a F8??? Amazing! I love the hexagons. It's totally beautiful and happy. Thank you!" SewBiz

you must have sent her a very generous fat eighth. It is hard. I've tried it once , I got 3 3/4 blocks. I had to finagle a "close to" to get four squares. She's just good!

Kassaundra 08-19-2017 05:32 PM

I had measured it out to make sure it would work before cutting, but when I started cutting I was laser focused since I knew 1 miss cut and I was up the creek. I sized (starched only I think better) the beegeeses out of the fabric before cutting it was like paper instead of fabric. lol

terriamn 08-19-2017 06:15 PM

Jayne your room is wonderful. Do you have all your stash in the closet?

Aunt 59 fun block for Nana Kathy

sewbizgirl 08-19-2017 06:31 PM

Great fussy cutting on that 'bug' fabric, Annt59!

Jayne, what a great sewing room! What old machine is in the wooden cabinet in the corner? (You see I have the eagle eye for vintage machines :D).

marcialee 08-20-2017 01:24 AM

it is called Mississippi