Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

Mona G 08-20-2017 11:40 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am very jealous of that fabulous sewing room as I have a corner of the unfinished basement to work in, hopefully some day I will get an actual room;).

Here are the two I've finished so far this weekend, I have one more cut out and another one ready to be cut out.

first one is for MJP - pineapple blossom - I really like this block, you will probably see a couple more

second one is for Hav4boys - lilac lane - the squares are a olive green, not yellow

sewbizgirl 08-20-2017 12:40 PM

Nice blocks, Mona... how perfect is "pineapple blossom" for a Hawaiian quilt? :D

annt59 08-20-2017 01:11 PM

Thanks Kassandra, Terriann and sewbizgirl.

joanelizbay 08-20-2017 02:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two more done and rest are ready to be cut out..probably not today though! :) Went for a drive just to see how busy our town of 8000 was (they say up to 100,000 people)...Wasn't but a few extra people walking uptown, hardly any traffic, several people selling food at stands but when I went thru the park there wasnt a soul there..Maybe there will be more tomorrow but Im afraid there arent that many people extra for the eclipse. Calling for fair visibility but Nasa is about 50 miles south live broadcasting.

lst is for Have4Boys and the 2nd for Annt59. Enjoy!

annt59 08-20-2017 06:02 PM

Thanks for my block joanelizbay. Please share the name. It is delightful!

sewbizgirl 08-20-2017 07:29 PM

Great strawberry block, Joan... and what a great block for the popsicle fabric! That's going to be such a fun quilt.

Be careful with the eclipse. Don't burn your retinas!

sewbizgirl 08-20-2017 07:39 PM

I have a bit of a quandry... My local group did a Boom-type swap a few months ago and we are supposed to have our quilts finished to show in about a month. Our group is not big, and we were stretched to get 16 blocks swapped. So I have 16, 12.5" blocks to make something with. I have quilted them individually (QAYG) and then decided I want it bigger. As is, it will only make a wall quilt. I want at least a lap throw for the couch. I was thinking about doing a 24" Swoon block for the center, and surrounding it with the other blocks. Twelve blocks will surround the center square, and then another row of 4 on the top and bottom, (if I make another 4 blocks). That will be a decent length but a tad narrow. I guess I could add a couple of wide borders on either long side.... I don't have a lot of the focus fabric left. Less than a yard, I'd say.

So I'm asking you Boomers if you have any brilliant ideas I haven't thought of yet. If anything comes to mind, please throw it out there!

Janice McC 08-21-2017 04:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You could add wider sashings. I JUST got my borders on last night on my boom 13 quilt. The sashings are 3 inches wide. The sashings were easy but the borders were a pain in the you know what. Here it is, still needs trimming after some additional quilting in the borders and then the binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579274[/ATTACH]
Blocks are 12 inches finished and borders and sashings are 3 inches finished. It's approximately 48x63. Highlight APPROXIMATELY. I'm sure you'd find it much easier as you have more experience with QAYG.

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7891269)
I have a bit of a quandry... My local group did a Boom-type swap a few months ago and we are supposed to have our quilts finished to show in about a month. Our group is not big, and we were stretched to get 16 blocks swapped. So I have 16, 12.5" blocks to make something with. I have quilted them individually (QAYG) and then decided I want it bigger. As is, it will only make a wall quilt. I want at least a lap throw for the couch. I was thinking about doing a 24" Swoon block for the center, and surrounding it with the other blocks. Twelve blocks will surround the center square, and then another row of 4 on the top and bottom, (if I make another 4 blocks). That will be a decent length but a tad narrow. I guess I could add a couple of wide borders on either long side.... I don't have a lot of the focus fabric left. Less than a yard, I'd say.

So I'm asking you Boomers if you have any brilliant ideas I haven't thought of yet. If anything comes to mind, please throw it out there!

sewbizgirl 08-21-2017 04:44 AM

Thanks Janice, your quilt looks great! I was wondering how wide a sashing I could get away with. 3" looks good!

joanelizbay 08-21-2017 04:51 AM

Aunt its Get the Point block 291 in 100 blocks vol 3. Your fabric was so easy to match colors too!!My grandson loved the popsicles in it!!