Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

joanelizbay 08-21-2017 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I gave up on trying pp..never could understand it! Here is my final block for the weekend. Its for Mona. Good thing we have a gallary because I was looking at blocks and found I had chosen the exact same block for Mona that I made her in the Summer group so had to hunt for another block to make! :)

Janice McC 08-21-2017 02:26 PM

Terrific pp'ing. It looks perfect from where I sit. Yay, JayneW!

Originally Posted by JayneW (Post 7891661)
Here is the result of me learning to paperpiece. This block is for LJDugas. Not perfect, but fun to push myself!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579309[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 08-21-2017 02:27 PM

Never saw this block before. Love it. Great job. :)

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7891715)
I gave up on trying pp..never could understand it! Here is my final block for the weekend. Its for Mona. Good thing we have a gallary because I was looking at blocks and found I had chosen the exact same block for Mona that I made her in the Summer group so had to hunt for another block to make! :)

Janice McC 08-21-2017 02:30 PM

Terriamn, love these three blocks! Very nice, Terriamn.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7891584)
First one is for Marlena

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579300[/ATTACH]

Second is for Marija

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579301[/ATTACH]

And third for Libster

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579302[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 08-21-2017 03:00 PM

Great job ladies on all of the beautiful blocks that are being posted. I really have been enjoying all of the eye candy you all have provided!

Jan

Kassaundra 08-21-2017 03:26 PM

Great blocks, love the churn dash in the chundash. And the PP looks awesome to me too.

We had clear skies but only 90% we were at the er on "bed delay" so we took turns watching the pt and going outside to see what was going on, it was underwhelming maybe would have been more exciting if we got closer to totality.

Libster 08-21-2017 03:53 PM

We had 98% totality here near Charlotte. It got pretty dark for a little while. I didn't go outside because I didn't have the glasses. They were not to be found anywhere here for at least a week now. When you have to turn lights on to go to the bathroom at 2 pm, now that's dark. My granddaddy remembers it going through Charleston when he was a young boy. He said the chickens went to roost at noontime. My niece lives outside Columbia, SC. She made a video of it. It was 100% there. Stars were shining. And, just think, in 7 years, people living in the middle of the country get to see it again!

sewbizgirl 08-21-2017 04:50 PM

So many posts today... almost don't know where to start replying! Gorgeous blocks, Joan and Terri! And Jayne, WOW on that beautiful paper pieced block! You have definitely got the hang of PPing...

Eclipse was a non-event here. I did look at one point and could see a little bit of the moon over the sun, but it was all as bright as ever. It never got dark here because we must be too far away. My daughter in Memphis said it did get dark there! And they are only 3.5 hours north of us. She said everybody was outside in their special glasses and cheering, LOL.

bibliostone 08-21-2017 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7890190)
Good morning, Bibliostone. Love this block and the blue you chose. Do you know the block's name or is this your creation?

Hi Jan, the block is Rocky Mountain Chain, but it is supposed to be a 12 1/2 finished block so I had to made parts of it smaller. I forgot to adjust the blue "stitch and flip" corners on the small squares so those squares came out smaller than they should have. I would have redone them, but I did not have enough of marcialee's fabric.

bibliostone 08-21-2017 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love my blocks. The kitty is very cute. My poor kitty is spending the night at the vet's after getting a blood transfusion. So far, they do not know what is wrong with him.

Here is my block for klaws. I do not know a name for it.:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579330[/ATTACH]