Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

terriamn 08-23-2017 11:48 AM

Sewbiz, the Hersey jerkey is the stitch around MJP's Hawaiian design. I asked her I f she would like this stitch or the small zig zag and she liked this stitch. It was a big hit years back and I took several classes on applying it to regular appliqué

mjpEncinitas 08-23-2017 11:54 AM

Thanks Terriamn that's a wonderful block. How could I say no to the Hersey Jerky stitch. The name and stitch make me smile.

Libster 08-23-2017 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7892691)
Incredibly beautiful day here, took a break from sewing to enjoy the cool sunny weather.

Jaba I thought Libster's dolphin needed a friend. I redid the block multiple times to get the effect I wanted. Hope you like it

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579401[/ATTACH]

Oooh, I'm so glad my dolphin has someone to play with! Love it.

sewbizgirl 08-23-2017 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7892821)
Sewbiz, the Hersey jerkey is the stitch around MJP's Hawaiian design. I asked her I f she would like this stitch or the small zig zag and she liked this stitch. It was a big hit years back and I took several classes on applying it to regular appliqué

Oh, thanks... I have never heard of it before! You taught me something new. It's quite decorative. Love that block!

Libster 08-23-2017 03:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is just a very simple Rail Fence bonus block for Bibliostone. The scraps that I have left for everybody else is just to small for anything. Biblio, hope you can use this one.

joanelizbay 08-23-2017 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Only one tonight. Had to watch big brother :) This is fast becoming my favorite block to make! Its for LJ Dugas...hope shes doing better!!

terriamn 08-23-2017 05:14 PM

Joan Liz love Linda's block, still haven't tried it yet. Linda hope you are on the road to recovery

Kassaundra 08-23-2017 06:00 PM

The hand work is now done on the Hawaii block, now to finish the machine work.

Kassaundra 08-23-2017 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MJP your block isn't finished yet, but I thought I'd go ahead w/ the sneak peak of fabrics. I used both your fabrics plus a wow and these two.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579430[/ATTACH]
Are you scared yet?????

sewbizgirl 08-23-2017 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7892940)
This is just a very simple Rail Fence bonus block for Bibliostone. The scraps that I have left for everybody else is just to small for anything. Biblio, hope you can use this one.

Love this block for B'stone, Libster. That birdie quilt is going to be great. Can't wait to see it.

LJDugas, we are all thinking of you. You probably can't type yet, but I hope you aren't in too much pain and will heal fast and well!

Joan, love your block for LJDugas, too. It's so pretty!

Kass: Birdies, birdies, birdies! Love that green fabric. I know you are doing something amazing and wonderful with these.