Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

bibliostone 08-23-2017 08:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So, how many times can we say "great blocks everyone"? I love how we all see something different with each fabric we receive.

Here is my block for Marlenab (Peaceful Home):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579441[/ATTACH]

marija 08-23-2017 08:50 PM

WOW!!! What great looking blocks everyone is making. Love the Whale block. Interesting cherry block MJP. I received cherries too, have all the blocks cut out and ready to piece.

sewbizgirl 08-24-2017 04:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love the cherry circles, MJ! Your applique is always great.

Kass, wonderful Rubba Sleepa block. (That's my Hawaiian pidgeon version of rubber slipper, what they call flip flops!) Super creative, as usual.

B'stone, love the peaceful home block! Great pop of color for her quilt.

Speaking of Hawaiian applique, I am about to leave for a quilt show where I have 3 quilts entered. One is my first attempt at needleturn applique on a Hawaiian quilt! Can't wait to see how it's received. Kass with all the hand sewing you do, you could totally do needleturn. It's pretty cool.

I'm sure you have seen this quilt on the board before, but here again is my dolphins and turtles quilt:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579449[/ATTACH]

Libster 08-24-2017 05:04 AM

Sewbiz, beautiful quilt. You have more patience than me.

terriamn 08-24-2017 05:45 AM

Beautiful Sewbiz, you must have a ton of patience.

Biblistone " another great block"

Finished Summer blocks with a super sweet block for JoanLiz, just a couple left for Autumn. Hope to make a few bonus blocks.

joanelizbay 08-24-2017 07:23 AM

Aunt its Mothers Choice from Patchwork square.com. They have wonderful patterns. So glad sew shared the site!!
Im a blue person but the fabric Im having the most trouble matching is Jabas waves. :) It will happen soon I hope! Kass I hope you NEVER stop doing swaps..always look forward to the new things you come up with!

mjpEncinitas 08-24-2017 07:27 AM

Gorgeous Hawaiian block sewbiz girl. I love your choice of color. Bibliostone great fussy cutting.beautiful block.

mjpEncinitas 08-24-2017 07:43 AM

terriamn. I try, I really do, to do traditional pieced blocks, after all I joined the boom to improve my piecing but then all these ideas pop into my head and I can't resist. Plus I can't bear to cut up the beautiful fabric, especially the flowers. I've also decided I don't really like piecing anyway. I like free motion quilting the best.

I'm sure having fun in these booms. I'm the surprise factor. You never know if you are going to get a very simple traditional square or raw edge appliqué, something modern or elf legs.

Cheesehead 08-24-2017 01:09 PM

4 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]579472[/ATTACH]For MonaG

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579473[/ATTACH]For Annt59

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579474[/ATTACH]For NanaKathy55

[ATTACH=CONFIG]579475[/ATTACH]For LJDugas31

sewbizgirl 08-24-2017 01:47 PM

Awesome blocks, Cheesehead! You are on a roll...

Well I just got back from the quilt show. What a humbling experience. My three quilts looked like doggy DOO DOO compared to the awesome work that was displayed! :shock: I saw so many great quilts that would have taken me a lifetime to make... and not nearly as well. But it was a fun day out with my group.