Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

sewbizgirl 08-26-2017 06:37 AM

There can be problems with the shipping. I know Givio had to make a whole quilt for someone who's quilt got lost in the mail. Too many headaches involved for me. I'd rather make all the rounds myself. But I'm just a big party pooper!

Their quilts did turn out pretty!

Cheesehead 08-26-2017 06:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For Bibliostone.[ATTACH=CONFIG]579545[/ATTACH]

mjpEncinitas 08-26-2017 07:06 AM

Ok that convinced me not to do it. The shipping would be at least $35 for the US. Can't imagine what it would be for international.

I wonder if Givio required that participants give her their shipping number. I have to admit there is no way I'd be willing to make a complete quilt for someone. Janice have you ever had a package lost forever?

mjpEncinitas 08-26-2017 07:11 AM

Love the colors and fussy cutting on that block cheesehead.

sewbizgirl 08-26-2017 07:32 AM

Love that kitty block, Cheesehead!

MJP, do you have a local group that you belong to, or can you look for one? I think a Round Robin is best done locally. No shipping, and no quilts lost in the mail. I did a Boom with my local group and it was so nice not to have the shipping cost. Still love these Booms, tho, and would do all the Booms I can find!

Mona G 08-26-2017 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 7894384)
Has anyone done a round robin quilt with the board? That's where you send in a middle square and various exchangers make the borders around the square. ,2" 4", 6", 8" for example. Each group has 5 people in it. It ends up being a finished medallion quilt top about 60x60. Givio did some last year. I lurked. It looked like fun. I asked her if she was going to do another round and she suggested I do one.

It it takes about 6 months. You have to be committed because if you don't complete your part on time you hold up the next exchanger. It's more tedious than making blocks, especially the last border. But you get a completed quilt that's a little more harmonious than our lovely block quilts are.

Any my experience or thoughts about this?

I've done two or three round/row Robin's and lived the results. I tried to get another row Robin started a couple of months ago. I'd love to do another one.

bibliostone 08-26-2017 08:13 AM

Thanks Cheesehead, I love my kitty block.

terriamn 08-26-2017 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7894168)
I loved working with Jaba's water fabric!

Sewbiz I loved Jaba's fabric just couldn't decide o a block that would do the fabric justice.

terriamn 08-26-2017 10:32 AM

I have done 2 round robins and they weren't on quilting board. One round ruined the top, it wouldn't lay flat, second time I never received my quilt back

I would love to do a row robin

Before Janice was our host and back when we still sent the blocks to each individual I sent s block to Janice she never received. Made her a new block and sent it on the way. About 2 years later I received the envelope back within such address, I had transposed two numbers

joanelizbay 08-26-2017 11:07 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Got all but one block done. Hope to finish it this week and get them all mailed! These are for Jaba, Molly, MJPE, sewbiz and Marija. This has been a fun swap! Cant wait for the next one but its almost 2 months before we begin...have to find a new project! :)