Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Autumn (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-autumn-t289352.html)

sewbizgirl 08-27-2017 08:44 AM

Wow... have never been to a school reunion. I was rather quiet and introverted so didn't make a lot of friends. I worked after school so didn't participate in any sports or other school activities, which didn't help, either. I'm glad you ladies had fun at your reunions.

Terri, that must have been funny to see you yell and jump off your chair! During that kind of thunderstorm I usually spend it trying to calm and reassure the dog. He freaks out at any noise from the sky. We've had Tstorms constantly for about the past month. Currently there is a gloom overhead, which I think is coming from storm Harvey.

terriamn 08-27-2017 10:38 AM

Sewbiz the funny thing is my dog is also terrified of storms and hubby said I carried on more then she did. Talked to some of our camping neighbors and most said they reacted the same as me. Our good friends slept through it. Still can't believe that

Marlenab 08-27-2017 11:28 AM

Logged in late last night to get caught up on what everyone has been doing. I'm so amazed at all the gorgeous blocks that have been made for me. Simply beautiful! The talent in this group is really intimidating.

I managed to get two more blocks done yesterday. Would have had three done except I goofed up and cut two pieces 1/2 inch too short. Now what? Can't cut new pieces because there is not enough fabric. I drew each piece out on graph paper and figured I would have just enough fabric. Then I go and cut the last two pieces a tad short. Not even sure how I managed that. Didn't realize it till it came time to add those two pieces to the block. Anyone done this? How would you handle it? I thought about adding a half inch piece to each end. Feeling so frustrated with myself!

Cheesehead 08-27-2017 12:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a block for Jaba. [ATTACH=CONFIG]579618[/ATTACH]

Cheesehead 08-27-2017 12:52 PM

Marlena, maybe someone has extra fabric left from making their blocks, it wouldn't hurt to ask. I have some (not all) extra fabric that I was going to use to make bonus blocks, I would be more than happy to send it to you so you can complete your block.

Jan

Libster 08-27-2017 01:31 PM

Marlena, please do ask if you need scraps from anyone. We've all done the same thing at times. We are a great group for sharing when we have it left over. Who's fabric is it? And, what size pieces do you need? Even if one person doesn't have enough for both pieces, someone else may have enough for 1 of them too. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out. If we have it, you can PM your snail address and we'll shoot it right to you.

mjpEncinitas 08-27-2017 01:53 PM

I did kind of the same thing with Kass fabric. I had an idea but it didn't work at all. Now almost all of her fabric is cut into a ( fortunately) large shape and has steam a seam 2 attached to it. It'll be interesting to see what I can come up with for that. Marija lives in my town and she needs more cherry fabric, which fortunately I have. We have helped each other out in the past. Ask and you shall receive!

sewbizgirl 08-27-2017 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Marlenab (Post 7895070)
I managed to get two more blocks done yesterday. Would have had three done except I goofed up and cut two pieces 1/2 inch too short. Now what? Can't cut new pieces because there is not enough fabric. I drew each piece out on graph paper and figured I would have just enough fabric. Then I go and cut the last two pieces a tad short. Not even sure how I managed that. Didn't realize it till it came time to add those two pieces to the block. Anyone done this? How would you handle it? I thought about adding a half inch piece to each end. Feeling so frustrated with myself!

Yes, go ahead and seam on the extra pieces. In the grand scheme of things (after quilting) it probably won't even be noticed. I've done this several times.

edited to add: Oh yeah... hadn't even thought about asking others for leftover fabric!

mollymunchkin 08-27-2017 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Marlenab (Post 7895070)

If you look at the block I made for Kass, you will see a border on two sides. This is because I cut her fabric the exact size instead of a little bigger as is standard when making HSTs, resulting in the block being a quarter inch too small both ways.

Also, I have not made any extra blocks , so I might have extra fabric and would be glad to send some if you need it.

Mona G 08-27-2017 04:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
this is what I got done today...
A butterfly for Terriamn
A present for Jayne W

now time to watch Big Brother