Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Summer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-summer-t289351.html)

sewbizgirl 07-09-2017 10:47 AM

I fold mine but I think it would be best to stack them open on a bed. Once my elderly cat passes on, I will do that, but for now she gets on everything upstairs and sheds a ton of hair. Black hair. Don't want it on my quilts.

joanelizbay 07-09-2017 11:01 AM

I only have one bedroom downstairs and one upstairs. The kids play upstairs so I dont dare put the quilts out up there. I couldnt sleep on my bed if I had them ALL on it..one is enough for now. My cousin does lay hers out on her extra bed but most of hers are just tops, not finished. Id hate to count how many shes made in her 92 years! My twin brother is coming with his wife for a week in August...I guess Ill fold my sewing machine up while they are here as I know I wont get anything done for the week. :( 50th class reunion...where did the years go???

sewbizgirl 07-09-2017 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7860692)
My twin brother is coming with his wife for a week in August...I guess Ill fold my sewing machine up while they are here as I know I wont get anything done for the week. :( 50th class reunion...where did the years go???

You have a twin! Awesome. :cool:

klaws 07-09-2017 06:34 PM

I had my 50th high school reunion last year. Time really does go by too fast!

joanelizbay 07-10-2017 12:22 PM

My twin is retired navy and lives in Florida. His wife is from England so I haven't gotten to know her real well. We had our 45th on the spur of the moment and had so much fun that we cant wait for the 50th! Lost quite a few of the classmates over the years. Johns been gone since we were 17 right out of high school so its always a treat to get to see him! Hopefully I can get a few blocks done before I have to be off line :) I have been making sample blocks of that web site and they really come together good! Much better than quilters cache does...Its always fun to try a new block!

Libster 07-10-2017 12:39 PM

"I have been making sample blocks of that web site and they really come together good! Much better than quilters cache does...Its always fun to try a new block!"

I have too, Joan. I've found at least 4 that I really like that were new to me.
I've cut all of my batting and backing squares today for both group's quilts this time. I'm going to do both of them QAYG. I'm going to make my SIL's with 30 blocks, so I've still gotta' make 4 more blocks for him. I already have 7 of his done. I've done 6 blocks for Meagan's quilt too. I am so ready this time.
I'm so looking forward to this Saturday. We're having a party for my great-granddaughter's 3rd birthday. All 4 of my great-grands will be there and all but 1 of my 6 grandchildren. Needless to say, there will be a ton of pictures made. God has been good to this old woman!

Libster 07-10-2017 12:53 PM

Just a friendly reminder........change that cutter blade. I started off trying to cut 8 layers of flannel today and it just flat did not work. Went and got my scissors to finished that stack with. Then it hit me....when was the last time I changed that blade? Like cutting warm butter after that. I was working myself to death for nothing. And the pitiful thing is, I can't blame a single soul except me! I also found out that a sharp blade keeps your batting from mucking up your cutting mat. Save yourself some sweat, Ladies. Change it.

terriamn 07-10-2017 04:29 PM

Libster have a wonderful time at your great granddaughter's bday. Sounds like it's going to be a very special day.

Wednesday I'm picking up my 13 yo granddaughter and we are going to the lake for 5 days.

quilt addict 07-10-2017 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I had my fabric and was short for 19 F8s. Searched previous BOOMs for some fabric I could add to them. Then I was trying to figure out how it works since I didn't double up. Read Janice's excellant instructions and realized I only needed 12. So they are on their way today. I think this is ugly fabric, not sure why it is in my stash. The best thing to do is send it out to you wonderful quilters to make something beautiful out of it.

sewbizgirl 07-10-2017 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7861346)
I have been making sample blocks of that web site and they really come together good! Much better than quilters cache does...Its always fun to try a new block!

Oh exciting... glad to hear they are easy to work up!