Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Summer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-summer-t289351.html)

Kassaundra 07-14-2017 11:52 AM

If I didn't have so much family in Maine I wouldn't have ever heard or known of them either.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7863882)
I just figured out that I have fiddle ferns around 2 sides of my house! I just called the air ferns but spend the spring fascinated watching them open up. They aren't fairing well in the heat and rain we are having. And Terri, I'm with you. I have never heard of them before.

sewbizgirl 07-14-2017 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 7863883)
Just letting everyone know I am on vacation from the 17th to the 28th. I will not be online as I will be in Alaska.

Have a great time on your Alaska trip! :o

Janice McC 07-14-2017 03:34 PM

The final package for Summer has been shipped today and should arrive Monday, a day before the deadline. Woo, hoo. Great job, everyone. That means i will ship out your blocks as soon after receipt as I can. I'm going to try for Tuesday but it may be Wednesday. I will let you know.

Soon, Summer, soon!

quilt addict 07-14-2017 05:42 PM

Enjoy Alaska, one place that is on my bucket list.

Woo Hoo we will have fabric soon!

GramE 07-14-2017 07:00 PM

I have 100 Blocks in electronic form & it is amazing. Ten copies. But I wish I could figure out how to bookmark the ones I like. Just had a thought, maybe a screen shot. Any advice? And sorry for being the tardy one, I'll try harder the next time.

Kassaundra 07-14-2017 07:10 PM

I'm not overly computer savy, if it is pictures you are wanting to save, what I do is have a FB album I have set to only me (able to see it) and titled it quilt inspirations and when I find blocks or layouts I like I save the pic to that album.

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7864122)
I have 100 Blocks in electronic form & it is amazing. Ten copies. But I wish I could figure out how to bookmark the ones I like. Just had a thought, maybe a screen shot. Any advice? And sorry for being the tardy one, I'll try harder the next time.

sewbizgirl 07-14-2017 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7864004)
The final package for Summer has been shipped today and should arrive Monday, a day before the deadline. Woo, hoo. Great job, everyone. That means i will ship out your blocks as soon after receipt as I can. I'm going to try for Tuesday but it may be Wednesday. I will let you know.

Soon, Summer, soon!

This is exciting news! Thank you and GREAT JOB ladies, getting everything to Janice before the deadline! Soon we'll be playing with our blocks.

joanelizbay 07-15-2017 05:31 AM

Gram, I have all the paper copies of 100 blocks. Im old fashioned..I mark the ones I want to try with a post it note and can see the pattern anytime...just hard to remember which book it is in with so many of them. I like their blocks but there are alot I wouldnt attempt, like paper piecing etc.. :)

terriamn 07-15-2017 06:02 AM

Hav4boys enjoy yiour vacation Alaska is tops on my bucket list

mrshalibut 07-15-2017 06:11 AM

I have a big question. I'm not understanding what it is this group does. Say person A sends in 12 fat 1/8s. Do they coordinate? Do they all go to one other person who uses them to make 12 blocks for person A? Or, do 12 people get an 1/8 and make a block using that and their own fabric? Then, does Person A make one block for 12 different quilters, or 12 blocks for one quilter? How do you know what other fabric to use - just something that goes with theirs?

I'm really intrigued, I just am not sure I know what's going on!