Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Summer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-summer-t289351.html)

terriamn 07-20-2017 05:53 PM

Bought new I Pad tonight. Young sales clerk was all bubbly and said aren't you excited you have a new I pad. Said not really I hope it will do what the old one did. Guess that shows my age.

sewbizgirl 07-20-2017 05:57 PM

Me too Quilt Addict... I didn't work today so I was here when the mailman came. Jumped right in! After you make a bunch of 12" blocks, you pretty well know the sizes of the pieces and it doesn't take long. Plus, we are Boom Addicts! :D

Mona G 07-20-2017 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7867620)
Mona I ant to clarify your splash of color. Would smaller star points be ok or do you prefer like one square of color?

I'm not picky, you can have the splash be as big as you want. A little splash of color or a huge splash, whatever works.

GramE 07-20-2017 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7867719)
Bought new I Pad tonight. Young sales clerk was all bubbly and said aren't you excited you have a new I pad. Said not really I hope it will do what the old one did. Guess that shows my age.

DH bought me a new one. The other was going whacko, just flashing through the screen with the apple to a purple screen to the screen with the battery charging. When it did work it had to be directly plugged in. No wandering around. This new one is amazing. Super fast. Looks the same but is behaving properly!

In the eighth with the little flowers, irises I believe, do you have a color you are focusing on? I love it, just can't seem to get one color to jump out at me.

GramE 07-20-2017 07:51 PM

I took mine in and pulled some of the matching color swatches. Trying to decide, can I do 19 hand sewn in 2 months? But I have some other blocks picked out. I just took a five hour nap. Seems like a good time to look at fabric and my 100 Block magazines

terriamn 07-21-2017 12:25 AM

Gram E, no focus color, what ever you can match up will be great.

QUOTE=GramE;7867783]DH bought me a new one. The other was going whacko, just flashing through the screen with the apple to a purple screen to the screen with the battery charging. When it did work it had to be directly plugged in. No wandering around. This new one is amazing. Super fast. Looks the same but is behaving properly!

In the eighth with the little flowers, irises I believe, do you have a color you are focusing on? I love it, just can't seem to get one color to jump out at me.[/QUOTE]

Kassaundra 07-21-2017 03:31 AM

GramE, I'm cheating on the hand sewing, using hand sewing where it counts them machine to finish it up, or "applique" my fussy cuts to a background. That is what I'm doing on Jayne's block I'm working on now, hand sewing the stars but I'll machine stitch them to the background when I am finished.

Janice McC 07-21-2017 03:36 AM

And so it starts! One of my favorite blocks, Terriamn, a true classic. Beautiful!

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7867619)
My first 2 blocks are my go to block for only 2 colors . The Ohio Star. Both pictures have some scraggly edit marks I couldn't get out of picture. Nana k fabric looks pinkish in picture but it's really cream

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576879[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576880[/ATTACH]

Janice McC 07-21-2017 03:37 AM

Very productive playing! Lovely 😊

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7867702)
I've been playing... :o

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576888[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576889[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576890[/ATTACH]

Bootsy, I hope yours isn't too busy for you!

Libster 07-21-2017 07:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my two so far today. First one is for MonaG. Second is for NanaKathy. Hope y'all like them.