Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 19 - Summer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-19-summer-t289351.html)

terriamn 07-06-2017 02:32 PM

Bootsy and Tscwesves it is so heartening to hear of the survivors of this horrific disease

The gals in the last boom have been very supportive of me. My BIL was diagnosed last October with stage 4 liver cancer. He has already survived longer then expected and for the most part has felt better then the doctors could have imagined. This last week his PET scan showed the chemo was no longer working and the cancer was growing. 😢

GramE 07-06-2017 03:08 PM

So sorry to hear that, Terri. Amazing the twists and turns cancer causes in the lives it interrupts. Continuing to pray.

sewbizgirl 07-06-2017 03:45 PM

So sorry to hear that bad news, Terri. Will continue to pray for him.

And how is Baby Liam... our miracle baby?

Libster 07-06-2017 04:43 PM

Terri, I've been wondering how Liam was doing too. I will certainly keep Liam and your BIL in my prayers. I HATE cancer. Someday, I hope God will allow a cure for this horrible disease.

Janice McC 07-06-2017 05:21 PM

Terriamn, I'm sorry to hear your BIL isn't doing as well. He will continue to be in my thoughts.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7859093)
Bootsy and Tscwesves it is so heartening to hear of the survivors of this horrific disease

The gals in the last boom have been very supportive of me. My BIL was diagnosed last October with stage 4 liver cancer. He has already survived longer then expected and for the most part has felt better then the doctors could have imagined. This last week his PET scan showed the chemo was no longer working and the cancer was growing. 

terriamn 07-06-2017 06:19 PM

Liam is doing well, no further hospital visits. He still needs to go in for a sleep study as he only cat naps throughout the day and night. Nephew and wife are just so happy to have him home they have decided to wait on his sleep study.

Thanks for the prayers for Vincent. We are in a holding pattern right now

terriamn 07-06-2017 06:21 PM

Very pretty SewBiz, Churndash is one of my favorite patterns

terriamn 07-06-2017 06:25 PM

All2pieces it sounds like you have had some special times with camping and cruising. Enjoy hearing about everyone's adventures

bootsy 07-07-2017 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7859093)

The gals in the last boom have been very supportive of me. My BIL was diagnosed last October with stage 4 liver cancer. He has already survived longer then expected and for the most part has felt better then the doctors could have imagined. This last week his PET scan showed the chemo was no longer working and the cancer was growing. 😢

I am so sorry. My prayers are with you.

NanaKathy55 07-07-2017 05:57 AM

Hello fellow Boomers..just dropping in to say Hi...Sorry to hear about your BIL..will be praying for him and so glad Liam is doing well...It won't be long now and our F8's will be here and the fun will begin..Hugs to all!