Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

Darcyshannon 06-07-2018 06:48 PM

Well, I am so sorry to hear of your fall Linda. Ouch! I can also make a block.

TG. Maybe your post office can use the envelopes the same way terrain was able to exchange.

Kiss, I read about the machine missing a part. I know the feeling. 🙄. I often feel I am missing several.

I hope I saw everything. I am on a trip and will be home on Sunday.

Darcyshannon 06-07-2018 06:59 PM

Billi I saw last pic and said that looks
Like Sedona. And of
Course it
Is. Sorry about your foot.

I arrived in Seattle. We are seeing Les Misérables. I want to be careful after hearing about all these accidents. Super steep hills and I plan to walk a lot.

I am glad you are finding ways to enjoy Sedona even in pain.

Janice McC 06-08-2018 06:37 AM

Just a quick FYI, this is one of the strangest rounds ever! Our Boomers are having difficulties left, right and sideways and the line-up keeps changing. Due to LJD's injury, she has dropped from both groups and understandably so. Serendipitously, another new to us swapper has come forward who will, I believe, fill the space in Dunes. Also, another swapper has withdrawn as of this morning but we will continue on this long and winding road we're on. Cognizant of what's happening around us, the Boom will go on and I, for one, will be happy to get making some blocks in Wave. I'm ready. Well, except for the fact that I don't have my fabric picked out yet. Oh, dear!

BTW, F8 packages are rolling in steadily now. One more just arrived 5 minutes ago! In another day or so, I'll post who I've received from so everyone can keep track if you choose.

OK, I've got a couple of more emails to write, not the least of which is to our new person.

Have a peaceful and healthy day, Dunes!

travelinggramma 06-08-2018 07:19 AM

Just a quick FYI, this is one of the strangest rounds ever! - Janice it truly is unique! But then on the shore - in the dunes - in the waves - it is always unique!!
Thank you for keeping up

Stafar 06-08-2018 07:25 AM

Hey there everyone-I'm the new swapper!! I feel really bad about all the injuries that have occurred in the group this month-maybe we should all make bubble wrap suits to wear. I have been participating in the charm swaps and have been loving those. I've been quilting regularly for the last 5-6 years but before that on and off for years. My best friend is a master quilter and I've worked in her shop the last 4 years so have gotten lots of pointers and practice and hope to make you all happy with the blocks you receive from me!!

Libster 06-08-2018 07:32 AM

Welcome, Stafar! I'm happy to have you join us even though I hate the circumstances permitting it. Thanks for stepping in. I think you'll love our Boom family. OBTW-one Boom and you'll be hooked!

Kassaundra 06-08-2018 07:59 AM

Welcome aboard Stafar

PamelaOry 06-08-2018 08:11 AM

Welcome Stafar!

GramE 06-08-2018 08:18 AM

Ha, I had to look. I forgot if I was a dune or a wave!

hav4boys 06-08-2018 08:48 AM

12.5 blocks.. 15 final with borders... it is the National Quilters Circle Block Challenge. I am really enjoying it.