Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

Billi 06-10-2018 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8073971)
Wait a minute, forgive me I have been up all night at work, Billi aren't you sending the indigo / white fabric? Are you changing to the floral or sending the floral for one group?

Still sending the indigo I was just reminding Terri how many times I sent that other and I still have more :shock: hahahaha

Also if anyone could hand piece a complete boom it's you!

sewbizgirl 06-10-2018 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8073963)
. Me too. I dislike Pinterest with a passion.

You have to know how to use it... I loved it before they started selling all the advertising. Now I just use it to store my saved images. I have a lot of time invested there and thousands of images (ideas) that are all categorized. :thumbup:

Kassaundra 06-10-2018 02:31 PM

I think when it comes to hand piecing an entire boom Pat (GramE) would sew me under the table.

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 8074001)
Still sending the indigo I was just reminding Terri how many times I sent that other and I still have more :shock: hahahaha

Also if anyone could hand piece a complete boom it's you!

GramE 06-10-2018 03:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8074184)
I think when it comes to hand piecing an entire boom Pat (GramE) would sew me under the table.

Not sure about that, but I might give you a strong challenge. 3 months is 12 weeks, one a week, I could maybe do 12, but 19 or 20 is faster than the turtle speed I move at. I considered it before I signed up this time. I considered it because I thought it was going to be a small group. Problem is I always pick the hardest blocks to hand sew. 80 pieces per block! I’ve been working on how to get a 12 1/2” Block out of the diamonds and hexagons i’m Currently working with. :thumbup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595821[/ATTACH]
And my DH might like some supper occasionally in those 12 weeks. ;)

sewbizgirl 06-10-2018 03:22 PM

Those are so pretty, GramE... both the 'innies' and the 'outties'. :D

GramE 06-10-2018 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8074226)
Those are so pretty, GramE... both the 'innies' and the 'outties'. :D

Thank you SewBiz. The innie fabric is the busiest fabric i’ve Ever used. Both are from the same piece.

travelinggramma 06-10-2018 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since my first package is somewhere between AZ and GA and who knows if it will show up, I am sending another batch of F8's. Yes, I have a stash that these two have been waiting a long time to be used.
You will get a F8 of one color and a swatch of the other to help match colors. Basically looking for a Red White and blue.

terriamn 06-10-2018 04:52 PM

GramE love your diamonds. The fussy cutting is perfect.

Billi I do remember your pretty floral fabric. Thanks for reminding me you sent it multiple times.

sewbizgirl 06-10-2018 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great fabs, TG. I would love to make a red, white and blue.

Smart to send another batch, tho I hate it for you. Priority goes very quickly in the right direction, but when it's sent back it's low priority and takes forever... often by the scenic route.

I thought you ladies might like to see our little hatchlings in the garage. A sparrow or wren builds a cool nest in our garage every spring/summer. She had 4 eggs this time and the baby birdies hatched about two days ago. Aren't they cute? Wish I had something to drop into those little beaks, but that's the momma's job.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595823[/ATTACH]

GramE 06-10-2018 05:07 PM

SewBiz, we have had momma Robins teaching the babes to dig worms all week. So much fun!