Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

Kassaundra 06-10-2018 06:34 PM

Great fussy cutting!

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8074223)
Not sure about that, but I might give you a strong challenge. 3 months is 12 weeks, one a week, I could maybe do 12, but 19 or 20 is faster than the turtle speed I move at. I considered it before I signed up this time. I considered it because I thought it was going to be a small group. Problem is I always pick the hardest blocks to hand sew. 80 pieces per block! I’ve been working on how to get a 12 1/2” Block out of the diamonds and hexagons i’m Currently working with. :thumbup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595821[/ATTACH]
And my DH might like some supper occasionally in those 12 weeks. ;)

Kassaundra 06-10-2018 06:40 PM

Adorable!!! One of the women who works in the office where I work rehabs animals. Right now she has a hawk, cardinal, robin, and one other bird I forget which one, all babies. You never know what animal she will bring w/ her to work next. (she has to bring them b/c they are usually babies and if not sick or hurt. She's had beaver, goat, rabbits, squirrels, all different birds

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 8074263)
Great fabs, TG. I would love to make a red, white and blue.

Smart to send another batch, tho I hate it for you. Priority goes very quickly in the right direction, but when it's sent back it's low priority and takes forever... often by the scenic route.

I thought you ladies might like to see our little hatchlings in the garage. A sparrow or wren builds a cool nest in our garage every spring/summer. She had 4 eggs this time and the baby birdies hatched about two days ago. Aren't they cute? Wish I had something to drop into those little beaks, but that's the momma's job.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595823[/ATTACH]

GramE 06-10-2018 07:04 PM

Kass, cutting the templates out of freezer paper and ironing them directly onto the fabric helps with keeping all aligned properly. And I have a piece of a broken 2” ruler that is small and easy to maneuver.

PamelaOry 06-10-2018 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8074223)
Not sure about that, but I might give you a strong challenge. 3 months is 12 weeks, one a week, I could maybe do 12, but 19 or 20 is faster than the turtle speed I move at. I considered it before I signed up this time. I considered it because I thought it was going to be a small group. Problem is I always pick the hardest blocks to hand sew. 80 pieces per block! I’ve been working on how to get a 12 1/2” Block out of the diamonds and hexagons i’m Currently working with. :thumbup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]595821[/ATTACH]
And my DH might like some supper occasionally in those 12 weeks. ;)

these are amazing!

GramE 06-10-2018 07:36 PM

Pamela, I’m not very good at sitting still! Always need something to entertain me and usually a movie or tv isn’t enough. Soon to be coasters for my sister’s birthday.

Kassaundra 06-10-2018 07:52 PM

Yes that is the best way I have found too

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 8074313)
Kass, cutting the templates out of freezer paper and ironing them directly onto the fabric helps with keeping all aligned properly. And I have a piece of a broken 2” ruler that is small and easy to maneuver.

Kassaundra 06-10-2018 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I made my first boom 21 block today. It is an extra for H4B. When I saw your sea turtle fabric I decided you needed one of this block, I made it a couple of booms back for an ocean quilt.

The technique has thick seams but as long as you aren't hand quilting shouldn't be a big problem.

Here it is before the "magic" of the folding edges.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595828[/ATTACH]

and here it is after the edges are folded and stitched.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595829[/ATTACH]

PamelaOry 06-10-2018 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8074340)
Well I made my first boom 21 block today. It is an extra for H4B. When I saw your sea turtle fabric I decided you needed one of this block, I made it a couple of booms back for an ocean quilt.

The technique has thick seams but as long as you aren't hand quilting shouldn't be a big problem.

Here it is before the "magic" of the folding edges.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595828[/ATTACH]

and here it is after the edges are folded and stitched.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]595829[/ATTACH]

Wow! That is beautiful!

sewbizgirl 06-10-2018 09:24 PM

Wow, that surely is magic, Kass! One day I’m going to ask you how you did that.

travelinggramma 06-10-2018 10:56 PM

GramE and Kass - you two are always coming up with such beautiful creative work. I so love it.
Newbies - do not get intimidated.