Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

joanelizbay 06-13-2018 11:26 AM

So happy to hear that Jaba!! Ill keep praying for an easy chemo treatment..dont think you will have any trouble with the port surgery. Its a lot easier than when they use to have to stick you every time! So glad they didn't find anything else!! LJD, Kass, QM....wow that's a lot of injuries/pains! Hope everyone does good!

bibliostone 06-13-2018 11:43 AM

Well, my fabric will go out tomorrow. I hope the priority bags from the PO get here today. If not, I will mail in something else.

Jaba, will you have an infusa port that is completely under your skin or will the port be external? If it is under the skin, I hope you have someone skilled to start your chemo line. When I had a port (under the skin), some of the nurses were very skilled and you hardly felt it when they inserted the line and with others, you felt they were impaling you in the heart! Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration, but the skill of the provider really does make a difference. Of course, every chemo experience is different. I used to go once a week in the morning and then continue onto work and I looked so disgustedly healthy that no one had any sympathy for me. I had my hair cut short also, but in hind sight, I wish I had just shaved it off entirely. You know how men get whiskers in the sink? Well, I had little bits of hair like that all over my house! You are in my prayers and I look forward to swapping with you again.

Janice McC 06-13-2018 12:13 PM

Boom Biz - F8 update

Update on F8s. My carrier had quite a time carrying all the packages that came in today. Woo hoo! QM, thanks for the head's up on your tracking #. I'll be looking for your package in a couple of days. Bibliostone, I know you'll have yours out in time, too. :) Thank you both.

bibliostone
Billi - rec'd
Cheesehead - rec'd
Darcyshannon - rec'd
D.Henson - rec'd
GramE - rec'd
hav4boys - rec'd
JayneW - rec'd
joanelizbay - rec'd
Kassaundra - rec'd
klaws - rec'd
Libster - rec'd
Mona G - rec'd
PamelaOry - rec'd
QuilterMomma
sewbizgirl - rec'd
stafar - rec'd
terriamn - rec'd
travelinggramma - rec'd 2nd pkg (The other is still "out there")

D.Henson 06-13-2018 12:26 PM

Geeze TG, I sure hope you get your fabric back someday!! Crazy. Looks like we are in good shape. Can’t wait to get all the cool F8s. :)

QuilterMomma 06-13-2018 01:40 PM

Wow, at the end of the line again. Oh boy.:shock:

terriamn 06-13-2018 02:24 PM

Do any of you carry a rider on your house insurance for your sewing machines?

Janice McC 06-13-2018 02:33 PM

I don’t but then I’ve got one cheapie portable and my workhouse, a 35 year old kenmore. Maybe those of you with newer or more expensive machines do?

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8075919)

Kassaundra 06-13-2018 02:35 PM

I do not b/c my machine is only a couple of hundred dollars new. Everyone who has an expensive machine should talk w/ their agent to make sure it would be covered or whether they need a rider for their policy. That is true of any very expensive item or collection that isn't common. (like guns, jewelry, quilts, antiques etc)

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8075919)

terriamn 06-13-2018 04:04 PM

Keep meaning to check with our agent but forget about it during business hours

GramE 06-13-2018 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8075958)
Keep meaning to check with our agent but forget about it during business hours

Ha, story of my life. Remembering things I need to do at 2am!