Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Dunes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-dunes-t297370.html)

Darcyshannon 06-17-2018 03:22 PM

LJ and Kass I do hope you both are feeling better.

Have4boys, I am sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope they can successfully treat.

I am wearing my bubble wrap suit even though it is well over 80 degrees today. Just to be safe.

sewbizgirl 06-17-2018 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon (Post 8077804)

I am wearing my bubble wrap suit even though it is well over 80 degrees today. Just to be safe.

LOL, Darcyshannon! :D

terriamn 06-18-2018 06:12 AM

Had a great time at quilt retreat in Indiana but good to be home for a few days. Plan is to do a little decluttering in sewing room before I add the new fabric.

Janice McC 06-18-2018 06:16 AM

Boom Biz - shipped!

And they're off!!! Who will post the next completed block who is not me??? Big prize for the first. OK, not really, just big "woo hoos".

Big Reminder! Be sure to count your packages before you start pulling them apart and looking at the fabrics. You will either have 19 or 20, depending upon whether you are one who has an F8 for Jaba. And if you are in both groups, do not combine them! I have counted each package so many times this round it would make your head spin. I know the exact count on everyone's package and who has what, but you each should count them so you know what you have. And work them separately or it will be a mess to straighten out when it comes time to ship. Trust me on that one. If it looks like you are short an F8 or two, count and then count again before sending me a panicked email please. Some of those darn packages are so slippery, miscounting is super simple. Trust me on that one as well.

Enjoy and let me know as you begin receiving packages. You should see the first ones on Wednesday.

GramE 06-18-2018 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8078094)
Had a great time at quilt retreat in Indiana but good to be home for a few days. Plan is to do a little decluttering in sewing room before I add the new fabric.

Glad you enjoyed our Hoosier Hospitality, and your plan and mine are very similar! Try to decide what qualifies as clutter.

terriamn 06-18-2018 08:34 AM

Gram E I am trying to find my cutting table( now that is a lot of clutter).

hav4boys 06-18-2018 10:00 AM

I can't wait for the fabric to arrive. I am guilty of the "extra" shipping needed too.

hav4boys 06-18-2018 01:16 PM

Thursday I will be driving my mother-in-law to SF for her first oncology appointment at UCSF. Hoping I have the fabric and I can take pictures of it, so while I wait on Thursday, I can plan blocks. I am ready!

PamelaOry 06-18-2018 01:36 PM

I’m excited to get started too! I have my first block planned out and have made the “tester “ already to make sure I can make it and it turned out well.

Ps. Is it ok to make the same block for more than one person?

GramE 06-18-2018 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by PamelaOry (Post 8078274)
I’m excited to get started too! I have my first block planned out and have made the “tester “ already to make sure I can make it and it turned out well.

Ps. Is it ok to make the same block for more than one person?

yes, yes, yes. I know this because I have my favorites.