Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Waves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-waves-t297371.html)

Libster 07-08-2018 12:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my two offerings for today. First one is for Moonrise. It's an Art Square. Sorry about the deer rear on the bottom corner. That's as close as I could get to another deer with what fabric I had. LOL Second one is for joanelizbay. It's a Railroad.

joanelizbay 07-08-2018 01:04 PM

Thats funny about the rear end! LOL Perfect block you made for me!!

Janice McC 07-08-2018 01:20 PM

Libster, I lost the top of one deer’s head for the same reason. I think the rear end is a better look than mine. Lol. Glad you like my block for you.

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 8090217)
Here are my two offerings for today. First one is for Moonrise. It's an Art Square. Sorry about the deer rear on the bottom corner. That's as close as I could get to another deer with what fabric I had. LOL Second one is for joanelizbay. It's a Railroad.

Cheesehead 07-08-2018 02:36 PM

Such pretty blocks being sewn today. Janice the fussy cut flower on Libsters block is just perfect! Joan love the block you made for Ibex, is that paper piecing? Whatever it is it's a real sharp looking block. Libster, you managed to get all of the deer in the block for Moonrise, great job on that block!

sewbizgirl 07-08-2018 02:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The blocks are beautiful today, ladies! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Joan, thank you for my pretty pinwheel block. It will look great in one of my Christmas quilts.

Funny, but I was working on a block for Joan today, while she was working on one for me! I made her a Virginia Reel block from Around the Block Again. It had me reeling, alright! The exploded diagram (that shows you how to sew the pieces) in the book was wrong. In the third and 5th rounds of triangles they had the lights and darks reversed. By the time I figured out what was wrong with my block, I had sewn, unsewn and resewn every seam several times. :hunf: I looked online and Martingale has zero info on this book... no errata, in fact it's not even in their database anymore. SO, I know a lot of us have these books... mark your book on pg. 119, Virginia Reel block, as being wrong. Follow the finished diagram rather than the exploded diagram.

Here it is... Joan it looks like swirling coffee and cream! :D

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597453[/ATTACH]

I also made a block for Coullmills... This is "Chicago Pavements", but to me it looks like a summer picnic blanket, strawberry plaid!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597458[/ATTACH]

Libster 07-08-2018 03:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice blocks, Sewbiz! Coullmills racked up today. I've just finished both of her blocks for Waves. First one is Milo's Star. Next is Whirling Geese. Hope you like these for your quilt.

Janice McC 07-08-2018 03:52 PM

My apologies, Ibex. I completely missed this one earlier.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...2-janice-2.jpg
Thank you for the Wild Blue Yonder block. Your points are very, very good. Did you see how many there are in this one? (Well, obviously you did!) :) Fine job!

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 8089760)
Janice, I tried a "Wild Blue Yonder" block (#97) from one of the 100 blocks magazines. My points are coming together better but still have tons of practicing. Thank you all for letting me play with new blocks! One day, I might be really, really good at my corners.

sewbizgirl 07-08-2018 04:02 PM

Beautiful blocks for Coullmills, Libster! Isn't it funny how we will end up working on the same fabric on the same day? :D

terriamn 07-08-2018 04:27 PM

I can’t start to tell you how frustrated I get trying to reply with multiple posts. Is anyone else using an iPad. Sometime the messages will post to the reply area but they never have the white square around them and just plain look messy and had to follow. Other times like now they won’t even show up in the reply area.

Great heart block H4B, never seen this pattern before

janice great block to show case Libsters fabric

libster I think the deer’s rear is fun, great blocks

Sewbiz and Libster beautiful blocks.

Dd#3 and family spent the day here at the lake with us, had a fun lake day but sure wore us out

annt59 07-08-2018 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Janice McC, this one is for you!