Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 21 - Waves (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-21-waves-t297371.html)

sewbizgirl 06-07-2018 07:24 AM

Libster I looked at CT and saw so many good deals that could be used for future Booms... but in the end I was 'good' and didn't order. I have a stack of fabric I bought in Paducah that is sitting here, making me feel guilty! :D

Boy did I mess up this morning... had an appt. for my "annual" (annual humiliation and ordeal...) with the ob/gyn, and I was seeing a new woman dr. (yay). I had responded to two appt. confirmation texts they sent out, and then last night forgot all about it and didn't set my alarm! So I slept right through my early morning appt today! They were able to get me another appt. in less than two weeks, so that's good. I'd much rather be here at my computer, chatting with you all and drinking coffee than 'in the stirrups' this morning, LOL.

joanelizbay 06-07-2018 08:00 AM

I love the fabric "maraige" on Connecting threads. Had to order 4-5 different colors for that price! I saw a thing on FB that they are having a HUGH fabric sale at a home in Boonville tomorrow...I keep saying "you don't need anymore fabric"...but... :) They did have 4-5 sewing machines for sale also and books and supplies, cutting mats..Might have to check it out!

Janice McC 06-07-2018 09:03 AM

Just a heads up for those of you not following the Dune thread. Watch out when you send your packages that you don’t inadvertently ship in a Priority “Express” package. That word “Express” is a costly word in money and time. Accidentally a swapper shipped in an Express package (very easy to do they’re so similar) but paid for Priority. I would have had postage due of $18 if I accepted it. I had to refuse the package. If this had happened right at the due date, I’d probably have still sent it back. So we’d have either been delayed or we’d have been short another swapper and I sure don’t want either to happen! Caution swappers, it’s an absurdly easy mistake to make. Seems like those packages should look more dissimilar than they do. Boo. 😕

Cheesehead 06-07-2018 10:43 AM

My fabric was mailed out today I checked and double checked to make sure I had the right packaging :thumbup:. I also went online today at USPS to order more envelopes and was very careful to select the correct package.

Janice McC 06-08-2018 06:34 AM

Just a quick FYI, this is one of the strangest rounds ever! Our Boomers are having difficulties left, right and sideways and the line-up keeps changing. Due to LJD's injury, she has dropped from both groups and understandably so. Serendipitously, another new to us swapper has come forward who will, I believe, fill the space in Dunes. Also, another swapper has withdrawn as of this morning but we will continue on this long and winding road we're on. Cognizant of what's happening around us, the Boom will go on and I, for one, will be happy to get making some blocks in Wave. I'm ready. Well, except for the fact that I don't have my fabric picked out yet. Oh, dear!

BTW, F8 packages are rolling in steadily now. One more just arrived 5 minutes ago! In another day or so, I'll post who I've received from so everyone can keep track if you choose.

OK, I've got a couple of more emails to write, not the least of which is to our new person.

Have a peaceful and healthy day, Waves!

Janice McC 06-08-2018 11:28 AM

Boom Biz - Communication

There's one important thing I feel the need to reiterate. Communication is essential in this swap. When everyone joined the swap, you agreed to keep in touch on a weekly basis. You may post every day, 3 times a day or once every few days, but please, not less than once a week. (If you will be out of touch for some reason, vacation or the like, try to let me know in advance please.) A lot of info passes through these threads, info you may need. I don't want to clog up everyone's email or PM boxes with this tidbit or that tidbit. Please come here on a regular basis and read the things you've missed since the last visit. Subscribing to the thread would be helpful if you haven't yet done so. There are a couple of options about how to see the posts so check it out under "thread tools" above the first post at the top of each page. It's on the right hand side as I see it. It may be different with other browsers.

Anyway, what I don't want to do ever again is to have to track anyone down. It gets old fast. When I'm emailing and PM'ing and posting for two weeks and getting no response from the person whose attention I'm trying to attract, well, it's not good. I get cranky. So, please try to respond to me or to your fellow Boomers so nobody has a reason to be cranky. Booms need to be fun for everyone. Even the meanie who insists you keep in touch. Thank you!

Lastly, tomorrow I will post the new "line up". With several last minute changes, what you have is now out of date. I'll also start posting the F8s as they come in. Speaking of that, the carrier just arrived and it looks like at least one more package is here. Oh, goodie! Fabric to play with. :) :) :)

Mona G 06-08-2018 03:36 PM

Janice, I didn't note which group should get which fabrics since they were both 19 F8 and almost everyone is getting a different fabric, so you can decide.

Some will get black/white to finish the Black/White/splash of color quilt from a couple of booms ago.
Some will get black/red to finish my black and red quilt from the black/white/splash of color boom since I had several people use red I thought it would be cool to do one with just red/black/white ( my high school colors).
Some will be getting blue/yellow so I have enough to finish a quilt from a swap I did years ago when I first found the board and the swap group.

Janice McC 06-09-2018 01:44 AM

Can do, Mona G.

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 8072992)
Janice, I didn't note which group should get which fabrics since they were both 19 F8 and almost everyone is getting a different fabric, so you can decide.

Some will get black/white to finish the Black/White/splash of color quilt from a couple of booms ago.
Some will get black/red to finish my black and red quilt from the black/white/splash of color boom since I had several people use red I thought it would be cool to do one with just red/black/white ( my high school colors).
Some will be getting blue/yellow so I have enough to finish a quilt from a swap I did years ago when I first found the board and the swap group.

Janice McC 06-09-2018 02:42 AM

Began sorting fabrics already this morning. So pretty! A cup of coffee and F8s... great start to my day.

Janice McC 06-09-2018 09:34 AM

Boom Biz - updated member list, F8s, Jaba's F8s

Here's the updated Membership list for Waves. Those with names in bold type I've received F8s from already.

annt59
Cheesehead
coullmills
hav4boys
ibex94
Janice McC
JayneW
joanelizbay
Libster
Mona G

moonrise
QuilterMomma
sewbizgirl
terriamn

Waves has 14 members, lower than I anticipated but still very workable. Everyone in Waves will send me 19 f8s. Each person will make one block for every member other than yourself (13) and then one additional block for 6 other members so you will make and receive 19 completed blocks back. ***However, those who have offered to make a block for our Boom Pal Jaba will receive an additional F8 so you will be making 20.***

Jaba's 20 F8s arrived yesterday and everyone who offered to make a block for her will receive one. Thank you to all who offered and remember you don't need to send them early, just include them with your other completed blocks when you ship back to me.

If anyone spots an error, please let me know. Thanks!