Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 - Early Birds 2 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-early-birds-2-month-group-t305868.html)

Libster 08-30-2019 03:59 AM

Love my blocks, Moonrise! That red is perfect for the star and the blue reminds me of a spinning comet. Kudos to you. Love them both. Thank you.

terriamn 08-30-2019 06:27 AM

Moonrise love your blocks. Best of luck on sewing machine and shoulder.

Sewbiz, hate sinus infections, were you able to go back to sleep. Hope you are feeling better.

My 1/4” is a little off on machine here at lake. Going to play with it and see if it’s possible to move the needle over a hair. On a finished block it’s oversized by about 1/8”. Brought a paper piecing design to keep me busy if I can’t figure the needle position

Janice McC 08-30-2019 07:03 AM

Bubble wrap suit? Who has the bubble wrap suit? Moonrise asked for it first but when she’s done, send it my way. I just joined the “I Fell Club”. It’s a small but distinguished group but this wasn’t a group I planned to join. While walking the dogs on a shady dirt road, I didn’t see a washed out area and I stepped in it so down I went. Knee is cut up and scraped, hand hurts from trying to break the fall but I ended up hitting my head and scratching my sunglasses, not to mention tearing the knee of my most comfortable capris. (I see a patchwork patch in their future.) And of course, the otc pain reliever here is 3 years expired so DH is heading up the road to get something. I’m icing now and hope this won’t put a damper on what was supposed to be a fun long weekend at the cabin. But it could have been much worse.

Moonrise, hope your shoulder improves soon and that your regular sewing machine will be ok. Love your blocks but that red star in particular is eye catching. Sewbizgirl, sorry to hear about your sinus infection. Hope it clears quickly.

terriamn 08-30-2019 08:04 AM

Dang Janice, was hoping for new members to our little club. Did you have to hobble back very far? Not the best of starts to your long holiday weekend. Think we should all buy some stock in bubble wrap, hopefully you can sit outside and enjoy Mother Nature and not put to much pressure on your body

jaba 08-30-2019 08:29 AM

Moonrise, don't let that rotator cuff go....it only gets worse and then you'll have trouble. Might be worth the money to have it checked out.
I'm almost scared to come on here and read. Don't want the woes to come out of this screen and smack me :) I told Bill yesterday if I had his legs and he had my arm we could be a whole person. Think we will hibernate for the weekend and play it safe. Watching the hurricane updates and wondering if our house is going to still be there. 9 times out of 10 it doesn't get us except for the wind and rain but this one may be different. Son just called and he's going to go over and drain the pool down so it doesn't flood the house, they've had rain and more rain all this week. It will be interesting for sure.
Get well ladies, no more falls and trips, colds and sinus.....you get it, everyone get well :)

sewbizgirl 08-30-2019 09:07 AM

Ouch, sorry about that fall Janice! Good thing you didn't break something. We can always grow more skin, right? :shock: Hope you feel better quick.

I called in sick at 7am and then went back to bed. Slept til 11! I hope all this sleeping is doing the sinuses some good. The doc put me on a Z-pac yesterday and gave me some sort of shot... so I hope to start feeling better soon. Still no energy.

We are watching the storm develop too. Hope you house is safe, Jaba.

Janice McC 08-30-2019 09:16 AM

Terriamn, I was only a couple of hundred yards from home. It’s one reason why I know it could have been much worse. Swelling is subsiding but I’ll be feeling this one for a couple of weeks. Jaba, smiling (with reservations) about the whole person remark. Dh and I have been ill at the same time but never with anything big. We’ve been watching the hurricane and clearly it’s going to be bad for many. I’ll hope for the best for your family and the house. I’m glad you are up north for this one.

Libster 08-30-2019 11:22 AM

Janice, be kind to those knees, you're going to need them for a long time yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I don't want to put in a request for our "bubble suit"!
Moon, I hope you and your machine are getting better. I really hate it when my workhorse is ailing.
Sewbiz, hope the meds kick in and start working soon. I hate when the front of my face feels like it's falling off.
Jaba, I'm keeping you and your DH in my prayers. Hopefully your son will get everything boarded up and drained and your property will survive the storm. My DD#1 and SIL are there now at their condo. He's stubborn, I hope she talks him into coming home now. I dread thinking of them stuck on the roads trying to get out at the last minute.
Terri, I hope your machine gives up that 1/8th inch for you. Changing machines can sure be aggravating sometimes.
Everybody in the storm's path, be safe! Prepare now.

jaba 08-30-2019 02:43 PM

This storm is truly headed straight for us, but we really won't know until Sunday or Monday early morning. Most of the time it misses us but I think this one is a tad bit different. My stomach has been going up and down for the last 2 days but it will be what it is. We have good insurance and can always fix or move :) that is just the way I have to look at it and be able to cope.

GramE 08-30-2019 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 8295825)
This storm is truly headed straight for us, but we really won't know until Sunday or Monday early morning. Most of the time it misses us but I think this one is a tad bit different. My stomach has been going up and down for the last 2 days but it will be what it is. We have good insurance and can always fix or move :) that is just the way I have to look at it and be able to cope.

Are you evacuating? This really does look like a serious storm. At a time when you don’t need more stress. Prayer for safety for all!