Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

IrishMom 08-14-2019 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys (Post 8289254)
For IrishMom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616042[/ATTACH]

My first ever Boom Block! Thanks hav4boys, I love the holly fabric you added!

Kassaundra 08-14-2019 03:55 PM

My sista from another mista!

Originally Posted by Queenbarbiej (Post 8289408)
Sewbizgirls block I just shot from the hip on that one. No pattern just an idea in my head.

Kassaundra 08-14-2019 03:55 PM

H4B and QueenB, great blocks.

Kassaundra 08-14-2019 04:01 PM

I am glad you are getting the tests done, lots of positive thoughts your way that it is not serious and is fixable.

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 8289433)
Omgosh! I worked on a long post earlier and it appears I never posted it? Good grief. Well, that's just par for the course this week. I'll just say everyone's blocks are terrific. I've been able to update the gallery to include the lastest photos you posted. As always, if you spot an error or realize a block is missing, don't hesitate to let me know.

As I said over in Early Birds, I'm in the process of finding out what's going on with me and I'm stressing to the nth degree. I've got some upcoming doctor appointments and so I hope to know the cause of the problems soon. Thanks for your kindnesses.

Kassaundra 08-14-2019 04:04 PM

I was a little stumped w/ "Florida beachy" since the fabric I got was dark purple butterflies. I think I have a plan now though, a version of something I have looked for every time I've gone to a beach but never found.

PamelaOry 08-14-2019 05:12 PM

I’m a bit stumped with that too, what are the colors that go with “Florida beach”?

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 8289565)
I was a little stumped w/ "Florida beachy" since the fabric I got was dark purple butterflies. I think I have a plan now though, a version of something I have looked for every time I've gone to a beach but never found.

Kassaundra 08-14-2019 05:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I've been mulling over in my head a way to construct my Florida beachy idea, and came up w/ an idea of how to do it, this may be a big enough tease to give away what my final block will look like, but it worked so perfectly thought I'd share.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616077[/ATTACH]

And just for some eye candy here are a couple pics of my new babies I just brought home today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]616080[/ATTACH]

Libster 08-14-2019 05:49 PM

Gorgeous orchids, Kass. I envy your ability to make them grow and thrive.

sewbizgirl 08-14-2019 06:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I seem to recall for the Florida/Beachy blocks she asked for peach to go with the blue??? Can't find that post and there's no mention of it with the fabric.

Kass your sneak peek has me totally stumped.

Well, I didn't get to sew any blocks today, but maybe you'd like to see what I did sew? These are outfits for my two baby granddaughters. These little blouses button up the back, the old fashioned way.

Farm blouse and bloomers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616081[/ATTACH]

Floral blouse and bloomers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616082[/ATTACH]

Mad Hatter's Tea Party blouse with 2 sets of bloomers (sorry the light was dim)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616083[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 08-14-2019 06:45 PM

Sewbiz, that is pure adorableness!!!!

I've made progress and it looks even better then I imagined.