Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23, Night Owls 3 month group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-night-owls-3-month-group-t305869.html)

Janice McC 07-26-2019 02:55 PM

Terriamn, I’m thrilled you’re doing this! It’s so very kind of you. I love a scrappy quilt. They’re my absolute favorites and yours is perfect! Thank you.

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 8281430)
Janice this is the quilt top I will be donating in honor of your mother. Won’t be able to quilt it till fall when I am home but at least it is ready to be quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615287[/ATTACH]

terriamn 07-26-2019 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615294[/ATTACH]
This is the scrap block, it finishes 7.5”

jaba 07-26-2019 05:19 PM

Terriamn very nice scrappy, so bright and cheerful.
Personal info: 2 adult boys and I was a widow when they were 2 and 4. Owned grocery stores for years and sewed clothing at that time in my life. Made everything from wedding dresses to men's suits and did alterations. Quit sewing completely because of the stress factor. Sold the grocery stores and met my husband Bill and remarried, now 23 yrs. together. Have 2 stepson's and 1 step daughter, together Bill and I have 13 grand children and 2 great granddaughters. Forgot to tell you I am 73 yrs. young.
Last year was diagnosed with cancer and it has been an uphill climb but the cancer is gone. Dealing with lots of side effects from extensive chemo and radiation. The chemo seems to have damaged my lungs so I am now on oxygen everyday. That hose is like a lifeline to me but it sure is a pain. Still real new to me, only 2 months, but have to get use to it and like it :)
We have a home in Wyoming and live there during the summer and then go to our house in Florida for the winter. I love the warm weather and sunshine. Couldn't ask for anything better, 6 months here and 6 months there.
Joined the quilting board about 10 years ago and started doing the Boomerang swaps then. When you hear ladies say you will be hooked, they are right. I've never quit....whether I really needed a new quilt or not:)

sewbizgirl 07-26-2019 08:23 PM

Love those fabrics, Terri... especially the first one. So totally you!

IrishMom 07-27-2019 06:29 AM

So....is it normal to be washing another load of fabric for this swap? I'm on my third choice now....but I think I'm going to stick with this one!

terriamn 07-27-2019 06:38 AM

Irishmom I use to change my mind but now I have a tub just for boom fabric and know if I change my mind I can always use the original fabric in another boom.

yes the first fabrics shown are definitely Terri fabrics but excited to be reaching out and trying different combinations. Shaking things up.

klaws 07-27-2019 09:11 AM

Terri, I absolutely love the first fabric shown! So bright and cheerful!

marija 07-27-2019 10:06 AM

Mailed my F8s today

IrishMom 07-27-2019 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My fabric is all cut and packaged. I went with Christmas fabrics and all I ask is you stay in the color scheme of cranberry red, dark green, creams, and dark gold. About half of the fabrics have some metallic gold in there for sparkle. As you look at the picture it's pretty clear that bright red and green aren't the shades to be used! I bought these fabrics last year after Christmas and was going to do the Moda Christmas blocks for Christmas. I think with the Boom I won't get to it so I'll see what fun you create! You can go traditional blocks or seasonal, just have fun!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615337[/ATTACH]

terriamn 07-27-2019 01:46 PM

Irish Mom, very pretty Christmas fabrics, sure hope I receive the holly or the pine cones.