Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boom 23 Sign-ups now open thru July 17 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-23-sign-ups-now-open-thru-july-17-a-t305524.html)

Janice McC 07-04-2019 08:07 AM

Make that 16 with one tentative for the three month...

Libster 07-04-2019 09:21 AM

Welcome, IrishMom! I can't wait to see your 9 Patch quilt. Which book of blocks did you get? We love new Boomers!

Lstew2212 07-04-2019 10:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]614496[/ATTACH]I acquired this fabric at an estate sale. I like the whimsey of it. I will have each swapper to use the one color in the fabric to go in the block.

terriamn 07-04-2019 01:04 PM

Great fabric Lstew

kass, definitely not the usual Kass fabric this time.

Welcome Irish Mom.

Kassaundra 07-04-2019 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm trying to decide between the blue or this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614505[/ATTACH][

QUOTE=terriamn;8273425]Great fabric Lstew

kass, definitely not the usual Kass fabric this time.

Welcome Irish Mom.[/QUOTE]

mjpEncinitas 07-04-2019 01:51 PM

Irish mom I think I got one of your blocks for the summer swap. This is a very fun swap too. I especially like that you get to make 19 different blocks.

Smglover207 07-04-2019 03:31 PM

Newbie question- Are you sending in 5 pieces of 4 different fabrics for the total? Or sending in all 4 fabrics for each member in the swap? I don’t always think outside the box/pattern well and had not considered the possibility that all my submitted squares not be the same.

Kassaundra 07-04-2019 03:45 PM

You send one F8 for each person, they can be the same for everyone or all different or any variation of that. As for making the blocks same thing you can make the same pattern for each swapper or you can make different ones for everyone.

Originally Posted by Smglover207 (Post 8273463)
Newbie question- Are you sending in 5 pieces of 4 different fabrics for the total? Or sending in all 4 fabrics for each member in the swap? I don’t always think outside the box/pattern well and had not considered the possibility that all my submitted squares not be the same.

Libster 07-04-2019 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Smglover207 (Post 8273463)

You'll send only 1 F8 (18" X 11") for each member of your group. Each lady will add her own fabrics to yours to make you a 12 1/2" block. For a group of 20 participants, you send Janice 19 F8s. You may send different fabrics to make a total of the 19 F8s. They don't all have to be the same fabric. You need to insert a note into each baggie stating what colors you would like used or not used. You can request colors, but not a particular pattern to be used. It may be confusing at first, but once you see what others do, it's really simple.
I hope this helps. Any more questions, just ask, somebody will help you.

Libster 07-04-2019 04:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm posting a picture of my F8s and what's included with them for the newbies. I use ziplock sandwich bags from the Dollar Tree with a sticker with my board name on the outside the bag. I put 1 F8 and my request note on the inside. I use the other ladies baggies to put their finished blocks in to send back to them. They go back into the same bag that they came in. I keep my baggies and use them repeatedly as long as they don't have a hole in them anywhere.
When I send a finished block back for a lady, I put it back into her bag, neatly folded. I turn her request note over to the back and write who the block is for and who made it. I put it into the bag so that the note shows on the opposite side of the bag from the owner's board name sticker. That way Janice knows who it goes to from either side of the bag.
I just thought this might be a help to some of the new ladies. Hope I didn't bore you to bad. LOL