Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-EAST Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-east-group-t120544.html)

tapngram 07-18-2011 07:15 PM

Blocks in mailbox tonight for goldendog55 and joanelizbay, mailman will pick them up tomorrow.

Jupiter 07-18-2011 07:45 PM

Hi Moon... I will be hoping for a wonderful block from you. You are brave to do the dreaded "Y seam" but I have all the confidence in the world that you will do a nice job of it! I can hardly wait to see it. I do love getting special packages from the mailbox.

hugs, Jupiter

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Well Jupiter... tonight is the night...

I'm going to work on your f8 and I have a "Y" seam pattern in mind.(4 of them there seams in fact)

Gosh I hope it works out for both our sakes :) Cross your fingers ... encouragement is greatly appreciated.

I did get special instructions from Sulabug on how to do them so here's to trying more new things.

moonwork42029 07-19-2011 04:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter
Hi Moon... I will be hoping for a wonderful block from you. You are brave to do the dreaded "Y seam" but I have all the confidence in the world that you will do a nice job of it! I can hardly wait to see it. I do love getting special packages from the mailbox.

hugs, Jupiter

Well Jupiter... tonight is the night...

I'm going to work on your f8 and I have a "Y" seam pattern in mind.(4 of them there seams in fact)

Gosh I hope it works out for both our sakes :) Cross your fingers ... encouragement is greatly appreciated.

I did get special instructions from Sulabug on how to do them so here's to trying more new things.

I can tell you right now..."Y" seams are NOT my friend :evil:

Hoping this block isn't a total disappointment. It looks cool laying on the table with all but the corners pretty much finished.

I did one "Y" corner last night and most of the other sections. Will tackle the other 3 "Y"s tonight. :shock:

bibliostone 07-19-2011 06:04 AM

Sending blocks to jaciqltznok and jupiter today, Tuesday.

joanelizbay 07-19-2011 10:09 AM

Cant wait to see what the "Y" seam looks like! You are SO brave trying new paper piecing stuff. I just cant get the hang of it. Dont know about the rest of you but Im ready for a NEW swap..I LOVE getting stuff in the mail and making new blocks for people. THis has been so much fun!

rejenea 07-19-2011 10:24 AM

Sent out today:

bibliostone
bookworm
brenda5
carsey
cherylW
crafty3790
gramie bj
jetnica
joanelizbay
jupiter
kathy N
LADYILENE
monarch bee
sew cornie
topngram

moonwork42029 07-19-2011 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Cant wait to see what the "Y" seam looks like! You are SO brave trying new paper piecing stuff. I just cant get the hang of it. Dont know about the rest of you but Im ready for a NEW swap..I LOVE getting stuff in the mail and making new blocks for people. THis has been so much fun!

This one isn't paper pieced... it's all cut from patterns...at least 45 pieces! I'm NUTS I tell ya to have tried it.

I still have about 10 F8's to work on so I'm plodding along like an ole mule
:-o

reeskylr 07-19-2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay

This one isn't paper pieced... it's all cut from patterns...at least 45 pieces! I'm NUTS I tell ya to have tried it.

I still have about 10 F8's to work on so I'm plodding along like an ole mule
:-o

:shock:

moonwork42029 07-19-2011 05:54 PM

IT'S DONE !!!!! Peek if you want to, phew phew phew!

ksea 07-20-2011 05:06 AM

IT'S DONE !!!!! Peek if you want to, phew phew phew!

I just looked at the blocks you have made, you have done an excellent job and the Y-seam one is just beaufiful.