Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-EAST Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-east-group-t120544.html)

joanelizbay 06-23-2011 07:54 AM

You guys are SOOOO smart! I dont even know what HST is?? :)
But by looking at the pattern and the "grid" I KNOW I can make the pattern. I think 3 7/8 would be the right size to come out 12" and its just on how you "turn" your triangles!
I just LOVE this site and all you guys!! Thanks!!! Joan

joanelizbay 06-23-2011 07:54 AM

Moon, Im still working on the 1st PP pattern I have...I just think pp is not for me!! :)

QuilterMomma 06-23-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
You guys are SOOOO smart! I dont even know what HST is?? :)
But by looking at the pattern and the "grid" I KNOW I can make the pattern. I think 3 7/8 would be the right size to come out 12" and its just on how you "turn" your triangles!
I just LOVE this site and all you guys!! Thanks!!! Joan

I hope that includes me even though I am a girl. LOL

moonwork42029 06-23-2011 09:00 AM

http://www.blockcentral.com/hst/hst-3inch.pdf

This is the easiest way for me to make (HST) half square triangles...she has 4 sizes to choose from. They come out just great and no bias sewing :)

moonwork42029 06-23-2011 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

Originally Posted by joanelizbay
Moon or Poker if you find the name of the block could you please let me know? I think its very pretty!!

LOL>>> I bet you could design a PP pattern for it :).

I think it's quite striking myself. If you imagine a "grid" over it, you could do it in HST I think without too much trouble for a great piecer such as yourself.

I know it wasn't made with HST but I can't do the measurements of the slanted pieces. I just aren't that talented y'all, lol.

Hm...

Blocks would be 3 1/2. For trimming triangles the block would probably be 3 7/8 cut normally and then you mark the diagonal

Yes/No? Anyone who is better at math.

It is a cool pattern. :) :mrgreen:

Yep... each 3" finished -- would be 3 1/2" blocks with it being 3 7/8" for the HST or use the great link posted above to avoid the measuring of 7/8".

reeskylr 06-23-2011 09:37 AM

lol We R Smrt.

Anyways, on with the show. I have finished all F8's I have received and they are going out today. All except OK Darla, hers will be waiting till the postal strike ends in Canada. But, it is up on my blog if she wants to peek.
Actually, all blocks are there so it is up to those who want to go look.

Here is the list of those heading home today!

jacqltznok
Frogquilter
lmattick
dogsgod
Nurse Bonnie
Bibliostone
Bookworm
Tolepainter54
Cheryl W
Jupiter
Brenda5

Hopefully there won't be too many of these ---> :shock:

Or these --- > :cry:

And lots of these -----> :-D :thumbup:

PokerDiva 06-23-2011 10:54 AM

Pam you are so funny.

moonwork42029 06-23-2011 12:59 PM

With not hearing (reading) from so many I'm afraid I have boo-coo of :hunf:

Looking at some of the others received, maybe I should do a twin to them...that would be funny too :)

Crafty3790 06-23-2011 01:10 PM

Ok moon it took me reading it over twice till I figured out what you meant I love mine that you made. I agree I only saw posts of a few and haven't heard from a couple I hope they liked them. I love ALL of mine.

reeskylr 06-23-2011 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
With not hearing (reading) from so many I'm afraid I have boo-coo of :hunf:

Looking at some of the others received, maybe I should do a twin to them...that would be funny too :)

lol. I had fun making these blocks. So yeah, some may not be perfect, but what the hey. :)

The only thing I would ask of the moderator of this swap, is to put in the information for the next newbie of what the cost can amount too. I never realized how much until those postal people are telling me my 'lumpy letters' have to be sent as small packages. :|