Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-EAST Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-east-group-t120544.html)

Crafty3790 06-23-2011 04:15 PM

What I do when they say that is don't send them that day refold them so there flatter and use tighter Saran wrap it has worked every time.

moonwork42029 06-23-2011 04:32 PM

The only thing I would ask of the moderator of this swap, is to put in the information for the next newbie of what the cost can amount too. I never realized how much until those postal people are telling me my 'lumpy letters' have to be sent as small packages. :|
I think she did warn us somewhere it could be costly but everyone I have sent was 1.1 oz...just over the 44. But I would rather go ahead and put on the extra 20 to be sure it gets there and the receiver doesn't have to pay any postage due.

It makes a different in the way the "flap" is on the envelope also...if you use the flap on the end (like a manilla envelope) it costs more than if you use an envelope that a regular letter comes in where the flap is on the long edge of it....something about a "package" vs an "envelope".

I can't imagine the folks that are in 2 or 3 of these booms at once...holy moly the post office must love them

:P

bibliostone 06-23-2011 05:25 PM

Jupiter -- Your beautiful F8 arrived today along with the wonderful block you made for me. Thanks! I'll post pictures later, but wanted to let you know they arrived safely.

moonwork42029 06-23-2011 08:16 PM

reesklyr.... guess whose fabric is on my table bawhawhawha

(rubbing hand together evilly)
What shall we do my pretties???

QuilterMomma 06-24-2011 07:08 AM

Love these swaps. I will be getting on everyone's blocks after my vacation the first week of July. When I get home, I get to focus on quilting again. Boy it has been busy this month with graduation, child to college, flu, cold, fever, earache, three round robins at once that have applique rounds this time, and not getting out of office at work so put in a 50 hour work week. Love life. I think I am due for a vacation and will, of course, be taking some hand work that needs to be done for a quilt that should have been done ages ago. Handwork and me do not always coincide.

reeskylr 06-24-2011 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
reesklyr.... guess whose fabric is on my table bawhawhawha

(rubbing hand together evilly)
What shall we do my pretties???

:shock:

reeskylr 06-24-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029

The only thing I would ask of the moderator of this swap, is to put in the information for the next newbie of what the cost can amount too. I never realized how much until those postal people are telling me my 'lumpy letters' have to be sent as small packages. :|
I think she did warn us somewhere it could be costly but everyone I have sent was 1.1 oz...just over the 44. But I would rather go ahead and put on the extra 20 to be sure it gets there and the receiver doesn't have to pay any postage due.

It makes a different in the way the "flap" is on the envelope also...if you use the flap on the end (like a manilla envelope) it costs more than if you use an envelope that a regular letter comes in where the flap is on the long edge of it....something about a "package" vs an "envelope".

I can't imagine the folks that are in 2 or 3 of these booms at once...holy moly the post office must love them

:P

I agree, holy moly. Most of mine go out at 1.17 for the 'package'. The 64 cents was expected after I found out they needed to be hand stamped. It's still a great swap tho. :-D

dogsgod 06-24-2011 10:25 AM

Things have been quiet around here in my mailbox...........but then again, I haven't been too busy of late either, anyhow, going out tomorrow is jaciqltznok and shaysmema's grown up blocks!

moonwork42029 06-24-2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
Love these swaps. I will be getting on everyone's blocks after my vacation the first week of July. When I get home, I get to focus on quilting again. Boy it has been busy this month with graduation, child to college, flu, cold, fever, earache, three round robins at once that have applique rounds this time, and not getting out of office at work so put in a 50 hour work week. Love life. I think I am due for a vacation and will, of course, be taking some hand work that needs to be done for a quilt that should have been done ages ago. Handwork and me do not always coincide.

Okay...so why haven't you been sewing too in all your spare time???? Geeze ya slacker!

Hope you enjoy your vacation and hope you share at least a couple pictures with us so we can drool a little in envy.

moonwork42029 06-24-2011 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by dogsgod
Things have been quiet around here in my mailbox...........but then again, I haven't been too busy of late either, anyhow, going out tomorrow is jaciqltznok and shaysmema's grown up blocks!

I do believe your fabric will be up next after reesklyers.... already got part of yours worked on in a bout of inspiration - then I properly placed it back in it's received order to stay fair and square.